Microspikes

the design before they released this style were much stronger i felt. These new ones rip super easy.
I actually had worse luck with the old design. I would usually only get a couple/three months or so out them because the gromets would rip out. Kahtoola was always good about sending me a new pair when this happened, but it got to be a real PITA.

I'll also add that they're not only good for snow/icy conditions, I use them almost as much for wet grassy mountainsides (as found on Kodiak), creek crossings, and anything else that's wet and slippery like logs, etc.
I'll second this. Made packing out my goat on Kodiak last year possible on the wet grassy slopes.

Wet grass is just as bad as snow covered grass. I should of made that mental leap myself..... Thanks guys.

E6ylK

FNG
Worth their weight in gold

I came here to say exactly this! I don’t use mine much, but when I need them, they’re literally worth their weight in gold.

YakTrax also makes a similar model, but they’re all square link chain, and tend to be a lot more comfortable under foot on solid surfaces (IE, shoveling the sidewalk).