Message for buyers and buyers' FFL dealers.

Unoboats

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Seriously?. I tried to ship a rifle a couple weeks ago and my ups guy told me it was a directive from ATF. Wtf. And usps will not ship a gun from an individual in my town.

ahlgringo

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Seriously?. I tried to ship a rifle a couple weeks ago and my ups guy told me it was a directive from ATF. Wtf. And usps will not ship a gun from an individual in my town.

Why would you tell them what’s in the box? As long as it is legal to ship, they don’t need to know.
As for UPS and FedEx- just another reason to not use em- for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Why would you tell them what’s in the box? As long as it is legal to ship, they don’t need to know.

Because if you have any kind of loss or damage claim they will not cover you in any way.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

This. Unless they ask you aren't obligated to tell them. I've told them "sporting equipment" before. You're still legally allowed to mail firearms yourself to an FFL holder, and you have to include a copy of your DL in the box. I've never had an FFL refuse to send a copy of their license and I won't deal with one who does because they are an idiot.

Little known fact - if you are shipping within your state, you don't even need to mail a rifle to an FFL. Go figure.

Lots of misinformation out there and there should be zero since it's all readily available online through both ATF and the USPS websites.

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
This. Unless they ask you aren't obligated to tell them. I've told them "sporting equipment" before. You're still legally allowed to mail firearms yourself to an FFL holder, and you have to include a copy of your DL in the box. I've never had an FFL refuse to send a copy of their license and I won't deal with one who does because they are an idiot.

Little known fact - if you are shipping within your state, you don't even need to mail a rifle to an FFL. Go figure.

Lots of misinformation out there and there should be zero since it's all readily available online through both ATF and the USPS websites.

Not that I believe what the nra says but the link says its federal law to tell them a firearm is in the box.
And every carrier has told me any and all claims will be denied.
So if you don't say anything when you drop the box off. Its its lost you are completely sol when you tell them what's in it for value.
Screenshot_20221229-072500_Chrome.jpg

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thanks guys. Just trying to be legal
I've never had a Ups store willing to take any kind of fire arms parts.
There a franchise im told and don't have to do what Ups allows.
I've always had to got to the "Hub" "shipping center" aka where all the trucks are loaded.

That sounds like its mostly out now to. Especially since I don't deal with woke companys.

And with the price of gas and hassle running around its easier to just pay an ffl.
But its also adds to much cost for some buyers to be willing to buy whatever your selling.

Like handguns. Ugg ffl plus over night. Makes any regular price handgun not work buying or selling used.
Even something like a tikka subtract $100 for it being used, then another hundred for shipping/ffl.
Well at that point there's so little value why get rid of it.

BrentH

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I once had a UPS store refuse to ship a rifle scope since it was a “gun part”.

I have shipped rifles via UPS by going to the Hub, or there is another Pack and Ship place that has/had no problems with me shipping to an FFL.

Haven’t looked into recent changes by them.

I did have a buyers FFL refuse to give me a copy of their FFL, or even the portion of the number that UPS could look up. The FFL’s argument was that “they receive gun shipments from UPS and FedEx every day, so they should already have what they need.” 🤦🏻‍♂️ I was actually able to find their complete FFL license number with a Google search. 😂

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not that I believe what the nra says but the link says its federal law to tell them a firearm is in the box.
So if you don't say anything when you drop the box off. Its its lost you are completely sol when you tell them what's in it for value.
View attachment 493297

Do your research

36042496-0CCE-4429-98D3-8E952D393372.jpeg

BrentH

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Whats funny is I've asked usps local locations many time. They they always look at me like im a sea monster. Tell me absolutely no way usps shipping firearms at all.

Usps is also know to be one of the biggest damages and lost packages.
Their insurance also likely won’t pay.

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
@Darryle I've literally showed USPS there own regulations and have been told by multiple different people at multiple different locations they do not ship firearms and there is no way im handling that package over the counter.

I've researched the rules and encountered so much resistance its just not worth it to me.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@Darryle I've literally showed USPS there own regulations and have been told by multiple different people at multiple different locations they do not ship firearms and there is no way im handling that package over the counter.

I've researched the rules and encountered so much resistance its just not worth it to me.
If you use an FFL person you might want to ask if they have the carrier pick up the item at their place of business lest they charge you an extra fee to take to the carrier hub. many dealers likely have a FEDEX or UPS account.

gbflyer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That’s when you ask for the Postmaster. If you get the song and dance from that individual, contact Postal Inspector. Don’t lay down for them, please. That’s how the anti’s win. Arm one idiot and then we have to arm them all. Haha.

We rely heavily on the PO here in rural AK. It’s our lifeline. UPS is a joke, gets dropped at the airline and they move it space available. FEDEX goes to Anchorage, taken to the Post Office then gets sent 900 mikes back south via Parcel Post. So their fantasy overnight shipping is easy 3 weeks.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Box it, use the online shipping service and hand them the package and a copy of the FFL along with their own regulations. Then when they refuse, ask to see the Postmaster and make him explain it. Usually doesn't come down to that. There were a couple of self appointed do gooders in a couple of local post offices, nothing like calling them on their shit.

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
If you use an FFL person you might want to ask if they have the carrier pick up the item at their place of business lest they charge you an extra fee to take to the carrier hub. many dealers likely have a FEDEX or UPS account.
The ffl i use just does a blanket fee. Its pretty expensive, can't remember off top of my head.
I think $100 all in for a rifle and $150 pistol.
But that was before shipping went way up.
But it pretty much rules out selling all lower priced arms.
It would only be worth it on something of high value.
I did have him sell a pistol when they were going crazy during the pandemic.
And I thought his great pictures and reputation on GB more then paid what he charged. Because he got way more then I think I could had i listed it.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
View attachment 493297
I've never seen that language on the official USPS website.

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I've never seen that language on the official USPS website.
Well they are pretty well know for denying any and all claims as is.
So you can language all you want.
When they tell ya to get shafted on a 1k rifle there won't be much you can do except cry.
You ship whatever you want.
Its just not worth the chance for me, to be out whatever I shipped, the shipping cost.
Refund the buyer because I'm a stand up guy.
Then just be out all together fighting the govt over 1k

Id rather just keep my things.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well they are pretty well know for denying any and all claims as is.
So you can language all you want.
When they tell ya to get shafted on a 1k rifle there won't be much you can do except cry.
You ship whatever you want.
Its just not worth the chance for me, to be out whatever I shipped, the shipping cost.
Refund the buyer because I'm a stand up guy.
Then just be out all together fighting the govt over 1k

Id rather just keep my things.
"the govt?" USPS is not "the govt"

LOL

Well then don't deal with them if you don't want to. I will and have never had an issue. I love my small town post offices. Always treat me right and have a better % delivery rate than UPS or FedEx by far.