Merino wool brand?

I have one Sitka piece and a whole pile of black Ovis. It goes on sale for awesome prices on camofire often.

I really like the black ovis stuff better than my one pair of Sitka bottoms (I like the cut better)

I actually have a Cabelas set I wear a lot. I generally wear my Cabelas bottoms because it’s lighter than my black ovis and Sitka stuff and I wear black ovis hoodies on top

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu 125g and Sitka 120g, most other brands start at 150g. I prefer the lighter weights for next to skin.

Dunndm

WKR
Cheap fairly good option: black ovis
Much More expensive: First lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
i loved the badlands mutton while it was available. Stone glacier has worked well for me for the past year or so

I was just thinking to myself that I'm pretty impressed with my Kuiu merino. I still have the same 145 weight shirt from 2015 and it only has a couple holes, and you'll have to trust that it's been through the oak brush and willows a bunch. I'm going to buy another one, but with a collar to keep the sun off my neck a bit more.

TN VOL

FNG
Minus 33 has great fit and very durable. Smartwool boxer briefs. I've used FL but they didn't last long which was surprising for their price.

nltr

FNG
Has anyone used some of the random merino brands on Amazon? Any luck with them?

BrodieBC

FNG
+1 for Stone Glacier Chinook merino. Probably one of my all around favorite pieces of gear and I wear one for a base layer at work on a regular basis in -25C

I just really like the fit and feel of it compared to other brands, I find the sleeve length to run longer than others which is nice and the fit in the shoulders and chest just works for me hands down my go to piece.

Darn Darn and more Darn

I was given mine when I entered the USMC and I still have a pair or two after 15 years. Have since bought new darn socks

Last forever. Hold their cushion. Breathable. And stink doesn’t come on till about day 4 of wearing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nltr

FNG
I’ve been seriously looking at the darn tough socks. My old danner socks are threads now. Definitely time to get some new ones.

ERegs

FNG
Has anyone used some of the random merino brands on Amazon? Any luck with them?
Ive bought some of Merino.tech off amazon. Just the normal underwear and some t shirts in like a 165g weight. Had them for a year and wear them all the time, can’t tell difference between them and the minus33 stuff I have. But don’t know how warm there thicker stuff of Merino.tech is.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Recently grabbed some vital outdoors dragon skin merino I think, so far it’s been awesome

vorfield

FNG
Nylon core Merino helps a lot with durability. Regardless of brand I'd look for something that has the Nylon core