Merino underware??

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering how many days yuo guys get out of your merino boxers? On average I get about about 3 days ,and that is pushing it with my UA underware .... I 'm thinking of switching if I get a good 4 days out of a pair of merino's, but have so many pairs of UA its hard to justify if I'm going to get the same amount of day's. So what did you guys get out of your pairs??? Thanks

JSonn

FNG
I have been wearing smartwool and won't go back to UA. The UA's just smell so bad after a days use, washing helps but it seems pointless when you can get a good 3 days out of a pair of merino.

Ozz08

WKR
I used first lite red desert boxer briefs on my backpack hunt last year and UA the previous years. My UA underwear have been retired to strictly gym use now. I wore the same pair of first lite underwear for 5 days plus a 7 hr drive home and they never developed any funk like the UA did. Merino wool under garments are 100% the way to go.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I rock the Minus 33 boxers. Yep new all time low for me talking skivies with other dudes on the internet. :D

Lawnboi

WKR
I just got some redram merino boxers a few months ago, and man are those things comfy compared to UA even. And they wont develop the stink UA does. Merino boxers will be on me from here on out as far as backcountry use goes.

snuffnm

FNG
I used to wear UA and was not impressed, comfy but they do get " stanky" after a day. I saw a good buy on some core 4 and decided to try them. It seems pretty awful to take a lil whiff of them after a couple days but gotta be done right.... didnt smell fresh by all means, but not the awful "2 day stank"

OR Archer

WKR
Just a heads up the new UA base layers this year will have a scent prevention technology in them. It definitely works like intended. That has always been my complaint about my UA base layers.