Meopta vs Swarovski

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Meopta Meostar B1.1 15x56.

My personal comparison between my Swaro SLC 15x56 vs my Meopta 15x56…

Up close image and general “clarity” as peoples eyes normally see it, has a very slight edge to Swaro.

Longer distance glassing the meoptas are clearer to my eyes. They also handle the chromatic aberration much better than the swaros which my eyes are susceptible to. Mid to long range edge to edge clarity favors the meoptas.

To me the swaros give a “cool” color tone to everything when comparing to my natural vision. Everything is “greener and bluer” than what my naked eyes see. The meoptas are a hair “warmer” which matches what my naked eyes see when comparing colors.

The swaros are more ergonomic, and the eye cups are a bit nicer. Especially if you wear glasses. My 15s are on a tripod 99% of the time so the ergonomics don’t mean much to me with 15s. The swaros are a bit lighter too in the pack but not super noticeable.

Meoptas are more rugged and have a better mainframe coating. I’ve used the ever living crap out of multiple pairs of meoptas and they keep on working. My two pairs of Swaro SLCs had to go in for minor repairs with similar use.

Overall they are both fantastic glass and I’d be happy using either in the field all day. For me personally the Meopta wins out on a couple categories that are most important to me (long distance clarity and CA).

OP
Blcktail56

Up close image and general “clarity” as peoples eyes normally see it, has a very slight edge to Swaro.

Longer distance glassing the meoptas are clearer to my eyes. They also handle the chromatic aberration much better than the swaros which my eyes are susceptible to. Mid to long range edge to edge clarity favors the meoptas.

To me the swaros give a “cool” color tone to everything when comparing to my natural vision. Everything is “greener and bluer” than what my naked eyes see. The meoptas are a hair “warmer” which matches what my naked eyes see when comparing colors.

The swaros are more ergonomic, and the eye cups are a bit nicer. Especially if you wear glasses. My 15s are on a tripod 99% of the time so the ergonomics don’t mean much to me with 15s. The swaros are a bit lighter too in the pack but not super noticeable.

Meoptas are more rugged and have a better mainframe coating. I’ve used the ever living crap out of multiple pairs of meoptas and they keep on working. My two pairs of Swaro SLCs had to go in for minor repairs with similar use.

Overall they are both fantastic glass and I’d be happy using either in the field all day. For me personally the Meopta wins out on a couple categories that are most important to me (long distance clarity and CA).
I have been going back and forth on the two and seems like I make up my mind then find a reason for the other. The swaros are more expensive but not by that much especially when you’re already spending $2000+ either way. I have compared the two and feel like it’s all down to personal preference because they are so close

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I have been going back and forth on the two and seems like I make up my mind then find a reason for the other. The swaros are more expensive but not by that much especially when you’re already spending $2000+ either way. I have compared the two and feel like it’s all down to personal preference because they are so close
I have the Swaros and before buying them I compared them inside Sportsman’s for quite a while. I thought the Swaros were a little better, but not by much. I also believe the Meoptas are likely more durable. I just bought Meopta 12X50’s and love them.

dtrkyman

WKR
I used my Meopta's side by side with a friends Swaro's, very small difference and I would think it boils down to preference. I have no regret saving a bunch of money, found them on sale for around 1100 if I remember correctly.

S.Clancy

WKR
I used my Meopta's side by side with a friends Swaro's, very small difference and I would think it boils down to preference. I have no regret saving a bunch of money, found them on sale for around 1100 if I remember correctly.
This. They are so close. I prefer the Meopta's because they appear brighter and a tiny bit more crisp to me.

Crusader

WKR
I think it's a toss-up. I have the Meopta and hunting buddy has the Swaro and neither of us can really see a discernible difference. I think it just comes down to personal preference and ergonomics, and frankly, budget. Swaro I think is lighter and maybe a bit more "user-friendly," but at a pretty hefty price difference. The individual must decide if the Swaro's are worth the extra coin.

tracker12

WKR

What is CA stand for?

Are either of these in 15 power usable at the range for viewing bullet holes?

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both. I kept the Meopta's. If there is a difference in optics it is too close to call for my eyes. As others have mentioned the Meopta's may be more durable.