Meindl eurolight or comfort fit hunter insulated?

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
So I’m very intrigued on both these boot options over the Danner pronghorn. I will be using this boot for an elk hunt and potentially some upland game hunting in the future. Anyone have any information on these and whether one is better than the other?

RS3579

WKR
I have the comfort fit hunter and am very happy with them. 400 thinsulate. Short break-in period and nothing is falling apart. I’ve used for 3 seasons so far in PA. For a 1st season CO elk hunt last season I did use Lowa Camino uninsulated. 17-65 degrees and they also performed great. The Meindl are a 9” boot vs the Lowa i used were 6”. When my Meindl are worn out I’ll buy the comfort fits again no questions.

Last edited:
OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
I have the comfort fit hunter and am very happy with them. 400 thinsulate. Short break-in period and nothing is falling apart. I’ve used for 3 seasons so far in PA. For a 1st season CO elk hunt last season I did use Lowa Camino uninsulated. 17-65 degrees and they also performed great. The Meindl are a 9” boot vs the Lowa i used were 6”. When my Meindl are worn out I’ll buy the comfort fits again no questions.
How short a break in period we talkin?

RS3579

WKR
How short a break in period we talkin?
They honestly felt great out of the box. After about 3-5 miles they were awesome. Never a hot spot or heal slide. I’ve had 2 pairs now and the same with both.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
They honestly felt great out of the box. After about 3-5 miles they were awesome. Never a hot spot or heal slide. I’ve had 2 pairs now and the same with both.
I tried on the danner pronghorns and they were tight in the instep and the crispi’s I tried on were just huge volume wise. How do the comfort fits stack up to these other brands?

IronM

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair of Danner Pronghorn 400g and wore them for a few years elk hunting in CO. Each day my feet ached at the end of the day and I kept saying I needed to find something different. Sold them 3 years ago and went with the Comfort Fit Hunter 400g. My feet have thanked me ever since. They too were comfortable right out of the box with very little break-in. I do have custom orthotics and used them instead of the original liner, even though that liner is better than some out there. No regrets here.

RS3579

WKR
I tried on the danner pronghorns and they were tight in the instep and the crispi’s I tried on were just huge volume wise. How do the comfort fits stack up to these other brands?
I had the pronghorns and wore around the house. I returned them after 2 days. Happy with the Meindl.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
I had the pronghorns and wore around the house. I returned them after 2 days. Happy with the Meindl.
So I just got the comfort fit and they are a little tight on the sides and I have an ever so tiny heel slip (maybe 1/8 of an inch). Is this normal for the break in? I know they are pretty stiff boots. The heel slip is ever so slight, like the pressure isn’t on the heel anymore and I feel a minuscule heel lift that may not even be there. I’m just very ocd haha. I ordered the euro light hunter to try on as well

The comfort series is built on a wider last so that’s surprising to hear they are a little narrow. I have an uninsulated pair that I don’t wear because they are too wide causing my forefoot to slide more giving me blisters. I had to have my wife drive two hours and myself the other two to meet halfway and bring me my old Meindl’s on my elk hunt last year. 🤣 I now use their Vakuum hiker and they have been great! I’ll be buying some of their new lower version hiking boots just for everyday wear soon.