Meateater selling sig sauer optics

dtrkyman

WKR
And would you not simply feel like a shill?

You can only claim the brand you are currently using is top notch so many times before the credibility you built on the front end drops off the cliff.
I don't recall Rinella stating anything is the best? He just promotes what he uses. And he used Vortex for a long time, he doesn't seem to just jump brands constantly.

What’s the general thought here on Vortex v Sig optics?
I have owned several of both - sig optics are awful and their customer service has been super hit and miss…I have owned 4 sig optics and two of them have had to go back for not tracking….two tango 4’s and 2 whiskey5’s. When the whiskey5 went bad they told me I was an idiot so I blew them up over on LRH and when they read my post they reached out to me and made it right.

I have owned maybe 20 vortex products and had 2 returns, both my fault for being stupid or having a horse roll down the hill with my rifle attached to him.

I would take a Philippines made Vortex HS-T or PST over a Sig whiskey5 or Tango6 (their high end stuff) ANY day of the week. Sigs glass isn't that great either.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Good for the meat eater guys! Hope they got a raise:)
I own both optics in the mid price point. Not much difference. Prolly both made at the same factory in the Philippians lol

I have owned maybe 20 vortex products and had 2 returns, both my fault for being stupid or having a horse roll down the hill with my rifle attached to him.
That's the story of just about every Vortex warranty I've heard.

I sent a set of binoculars back, one of the bird dogs used them as a chew toy. Got the new model back with a dog toy in a couple of weeks.

That's the story of just about every Vortex warranty I've heard.

I sent a set of binoculars back, one of the bird dogs used them as a chew toy. Got the new model back with a dog toy in a couple of weeks.
They actually overnighted me a new scope to the closest town so my elk hunt could continue and told me to send my PST in when I finished my hunt and got home. No scope would have survived that horse. Say what you want to about vortex, but they have your back.

They actually overnighted me a new scope to the closest town so my elk hunt could continue and told me to send my PST in when I finished my hunt and got home. No scope would have survived that horse. Say what you want to about vortex, but they have your back.
I could buy better glass.

But then I couldn't buy tags and fuel.

I have a ton of Vortex, and appreciate the way that they stand behind their products for the long run. Sig has a terrible reputation for introducing something, then ultimately failing to support it for the long term. They did it with the 556 rifles, their first generation suppressors, and too many other products to list. They already did this with some of the optics. I have a couple of their scopes, and I use them on rimfires, but I won't be getting any others.

I'll bet shasta is next. He'll be drinking shasta and shooting sig scopes and telling everyone it's just like using nightforce or leupold and drinking a real coke.
The BRCC and Seafoam endorsements were too much for me.

Less interesting and endless ridiculous ads? I'm out.

wesfromky

WKR
Sig has a terrible reputation for introducing something, then ultimately failing to support it for the long term. They did it with the 556 rifles, their first generation suppressors, and too many other products to list.
As a former owner of a 556xi, I feel this.

As a former owner of a 556xi, I feel this.
I think it’s the worst part of their legacy. I just don’t believe in them enough yo invest in a system that requires long term support.

If I break some Vortex scope, I know they’ll send me whatever the current equivalent is, including electronics like rangefinders, and that is where the Leopold warranty falls short IMHO, long term support for electronics.

Last edited:
Odd mix. Doesn't sig sell quite a few of those "high caliber assault rifles" 😂😂😂

Seems like a stretch for the Chernin group, but I guess BRCC didn't upset the boat.