Meat Tarp Shelter Combo?

Rich M

WKR
I carried a couple pillow cases and a 5x7 nylon tarp. Put meat in pillow cases and used tarp to help warm me up after got soaked in the cold - sat there with tarp around me and small fire.

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer not to use my shelter as a meat tarp. It’s one more thing to clean and get back into my pack and it’s a critical piece of equipment. I prefer to use contractor garbage bags or painters plastic and just throw it away.

OP
CjMelendrez

CjMelendrez

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer not to use my shelter as a meat tarp. It’s one more thing to clean and get back into my pack and it’s a critical piece of equipment. I prefer to use contractor garbage bags or painters plastic and just throw it away.

good point. does anyone make a meat tarp that could be used as a shelter in a pinch?

Marsupial Gear sells a small, 36"x60" meat tarp. I have only used mine as a meat tarp, but it could work as a crude, basic makeshift shelter.

This looks like a good option too. Quite a bigger.

cb2176

FNG
We carried a 55 gallon trash bag in each of our backpacks. 3 guys. It worked for quarters and as a cover for the packs when raining or snowing.

We carried a tarp for a just-in-case shelter.

Backyard

WKR
I carry a 5x7 emergency type tarp/blanket. Orange on 1 side, reflective foil on the other side w/small grommets on the corners. Weighed it and it didn’t weigh much different than the equivalent Tyvek sheet. I pack it up with a ridgeline, 2 short lines and 4 light weight stakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intunegp

WKR
Caribou Gear Hunter's Tarp could be eithier/or. It is 48" x 60" and weighs 5.6oz with the 4 included stakes.