Meat eater line one calls

JjamesIII

WKR
I just got done listening to Jason Phelps and Steve Renella talking up this new pot call they released. Both waxed on about how they hand selected the tree, filmed every detail of it being cut and milled, ect. Basically, a half hour infomercial. Curiosity struck me, so I looked into what this numbered series of calls looks like…….😳 $300.00!
O-My-God, this run of 1,400 of these “exclusive” calls can bring the meat eater crew $420,000 before expenses. I need to start cranking out some calls.

dtrkyman

WKR
Good for Steve and Phelps, not on my radar though I heard him talking about the tree a while back, thought there was some hunt opportunity involved?

I have a couple fine pot calls, fortunately I was given both of them by the call makers themselves! But they are not 300 bucks regardless!

Steve is cashing in while he can, things change and in a few years he will likely not make the dough he can right now!

You can get 2 or even three really really good calls for that!

Thomguy

FNG
I love Meat Eater, but there's no way it's worth the price. It's easy to forget they are a brand sometimes.

fatlander

WKR
There are so many guys and gals that actually build custom calls on a lathe and have been making turkey calls for longer than than Putin has been in Ukraine. They’re true all true craftsman and students of the wild turkey. Many of them have lines that are months or years long to get their calls but they don’t gouge the price. Second hand, some pots command a premium but the guys that build them would never charge this kind of coin. There’s a fool indoctrinated on Netflix every minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Just look on ebay. Tons of custom call makers that make really nice stuff for reasonable prices.

I got a bit "addicted" to buying custom calls off there several years ago. You can get some REALLY nice stuff.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
That’s what I’m saying- cnc calls for $300? It took them probably 8 months to go from standing tree to the hands of the fool, I mean customer. How long would it take for a true craftsman to make 1400 pot calls and strikers actually hand made? I know, they are numbered- lol

Here is a list of custom call makers from the angry bow hunter. If your wanting to spend money on a lifetime call for god sake spend it with someone other then chernin group.

Liford Custom Calls
Clay Townsend
David Halloran
Woodhaven Custom Calls
John Sinclair Custom Calls
Lights Out Custom Calls
Steve Reeves
SS Custom Calls
Southern Drawl Game Calls

svivian

WKR
I don’t think anyone is buying it because it’s the best call on the market….. Steve knows his client base

fatlander

WKR
Jimmy Schaffer
Lonnie Snead
Darrin Dawkins
Redbeard
Daybreak
Pat Strawser
Close Calls
Clint Corder
Riley Corder
Paul Platz
Lonzo
Hank’s
Mike Yingling
Brad Roberts

dtrkyman

WKR
I don't understand the anger, if it isn't worth it to you then don't buy it. If someone likes it enough more power to them!

I would buy 3 Halloran calls before one of these, but I am not mad at Steve!

Mosby

WKR
Jimmy Schaffer
Lonnie Snead
Darrin Dawkins
Redbeard
Daybreak
Pat Strawser
Close Calls
Clint Corder
Riley Corder
Paul Platz
Lonzo
Hank’s
Mike Yingling
Brad Roberts

Jimmy Schaffer is a good dude and makes great calls. One if his slate calls is in my vest. I have a few from some of the others listed too. Of all my pot calls, a call from David Halloran is my personal favorite.

Save your $300 for next year. Go to the NWTF annual conference in Nashville and purchase your calls from some of the top call makers in the US, after playing them. The only way to go for turkey calls.

TheTone

WKR
I’ll keep killing birds with a cheap primos plastic backed slate call and a couple different mouth calls. Idaho turkeys certainly don’t care how fancy a call looks

Freeride

FNG
They will sell out at 300 each, then watch a crazy mark up on ebay a month later.

It might be a good investment.