Maven vs swarovski

Hunter53

FNG
Considering upgrading my spotter.
My budget has me narrowed down to these two with the swarovski being just a tad more expensive.
Maven S.1A - 25-50X80
Swarovski ATS 65hd 25-50x
I know the maven is bigger and that is ok.
My biggest concern is how the maven stacks up optically and in low light compared to the swarovski?

dapesche

WKR
Here does a bunch of in-depth reviews...

If you search you'll find another review for larger objectives.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Not a direct comparison, but I’ve had the Maven B5 15x56 next to Swaro SLC 15x56 a number of times and was pretty impressed with the Mavens.

That said, they lacked some of the edge to edge clarity that the Swaro’s have to my eyes, but in terms of resolution, DoF, etc. they were every bit as nice.

Personally I’d go for the Swaros if you’re going to be spending that much anyway, just so you know there’s no “shoulda woulda” remorse, but that’s just me.

JParsons

FNG
I’ve compared the 15x56 binos of both. Swarovski is a little more clear, gathers light better in low conditions. But for half the price the mavens were just slightly edged out by the Swarovski.

Arithson

FNG
I have found this to be different person to person.
Personally after spending a season guiding clients and looking through both side by side I prefer the maven glass, it gave a warmer more vibrant image. I like the swaro for its weight but preferred maven glass. Just my opinion.

I have ran Maven in the past. I know run Swaro spotter and binos. Never wished they were mavens... When I had the mavens though I wished they were swaros
Yep.

There’s a reason these threads are always XXX vs Swarovski.

I’ve tried to be content with lesser optics, including Maven. And probably would have been fine, if I’d never looked through the Swaro.

Badseed

WKR
Yep.

There’s a reason these threads are always XXX vs Swarovski.

I’ve tried to be content with lesser optics, including Maven. And probably would have been fine, if I’d never looked through the Swaro.

Thats it right there. Most binos/spotters are acceptable for a majority of hunters but once people are able to compare acceptable to something better, you notice the difference and feel like you are giving something up if you don’t get the better glass. I feel like everyone who asks the question about is option A (cheaper item) comparable to option B (more expensive “better” item) they already know the answer but are looking for support to spend the extra money. Whether its actually beneficial or not is a whole different and completely individualized answer.

I have had a few different Maven products and for the price think that they offer a great bang for your buck. Ive looked through swaros and ended up preferring and buying Leicas glass. I dont think you can go wrong with either option and if all you need is to pick glass to fill out your hunting pack, flip a coin since they will both get the job done. If you want to sleep well at night knowing that you have a top tier alpha glass then buy the swaros and enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was trying to look for the pictures that I had taken three years ago. I had the Maven, Swaro, Leica and Razor all together from evening to sun down.
85 Swaro/80 Maven/Leica 77/ Vortex 85.

The Maven and Vortex were very comparable optically. Both excellent. The Leica and Swaro were better in low light, resolution, contrast etc ….. but they’d all count sheep rings just fine at 500 yards. You’d miss nothing with the Maven or Vortex over the Swaro.

That 80 Maven will absolutely be better in low light than the 65 Swaro. I still have my 65 Swaro and almost never use it.