Maven rs1.2 mil in stock

The Guide

WKR
Got my shipping notice that my scope will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to install it in my free Shoot2Hunt podcasts winner UM rings. What to put it on... 6mm Creedmoor? 6.5 PRC? 7 PRC? Time to spin the barrels off those Tikka actions and finish the builds I started last year.

Jay

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
This, x1000! I despise this trend too. The “pre-order” hustle is the business model of a company unwilling or unable to secure traditional financing, or even investor financing, so they resort to “pre-order” games and gullible consumers fall for it. It’s exactly that, an interest free loan. Hard nope.
Has Maven done any preorders?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
This has been a fun bitchfest to watch. I'm annoyed, I work and cannot simply stop and place an order. At the same time, as money is tight, if they were stocked all the time I would be waiting to buy anyway (though there were some points were I would have bought one).

Maven clearly doesn't get it. The second MOA reticle shows that. Though perhaps it is because we are just too odd a group to get as it feels like no scope seller gets it.

SloppyJ

WKR
Wh
Got mine in today, was a little unimpressed with the packaging. But it makes me even more confident in the drop test results 😄
At are your thoughts on it? I know you looked through it. I always have to take it outside around dusk when I get a new one.

ChrisAU

WKR
Got mine in today, was a little unimpressed with the packaging. But it makes me even more confident in the drop test results 😄

I’m a sucker for good packaging but at the same time I’m glad they don’t spend much $ there.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I throw packaging away, I would rather not pay for fancy trash (butmust admit to enjoying unpacking things in it anyway).

This has been a fun bitchfest to watch. I'm annoyed, I work and cannot simply stop and place an order. At the same time, as money is tight, if they were stocked all the time I would be waiting to buy anyway (though there were some points were I would have bought one).

Maven clearly doesn't get it. The second MOA reticle shows that. Though perhaps it is because we are just too odd a group to get as it feels like no scope seller gets it.
I’ve ordered 3 times on in stock scopes just to get a refund a week later. I didn’t even try this time.

The Guide

WKR
Got my scope yesterday. Figured I better find something to put it on. Been sitting on all the stuff for a Tikka 7mm PRC for close to a year so I got after it. Installed my barrel vice on the bench in my shop. Clamped the barrel of the new 300WM T3X and took the action off using the Brownells universal action wrench. 3 wacks with a dead blow hammer on the action wrench and it spun free. Put the PBB Tikka light Palma prefit in 7mm PRC in the barrel vise and spun up the action and then torqued it to 100# with the SAC internal action wrench with the Tikka head. I put the barreled action in a black MDT Oryx chassis. Mounted a Mountain Tactical rail on top with the UM Premier Rings I won in a Shoot2Hunt podcast giveaway and put the Maven RS1.2 in them. Went to the range for a half hour and got a quick zero with 5 rounds over the Garmin. The factory 180 ELDM was about a 100 fps slower than box speeds but was getting faster with each consecutive shot starting at 2860 and ended at 2890. This is my first FFP scope and so far I like it.

20240810_101417.jpg

Jay

SloppyJ

WKR
Got my scope yesterday. Figured I better find something to put it on. Been sitting on all the stuff for a Tikka 7mm PRC for close to a year so I got after it. Installed my barrel vice on the bench in my shop. Clamped the barrel of the new 300WM T3X and took the action off using the Brownells universal action wrench. 3 wacks with a dead blow hammer on the action wrench and it spun free. Put the PBB Tikka light Palma prefit in 7mm PRC in the barrel vise and spun up the action and then torqued it to 100# with the SAC internal action wrench with the Tikka head. I put the barreled action in a black MDT Oryx chassis. Mounted a Mountain Tactical rail on top with the UM Premier Rings I won in a Shoot2Hunt podcast giveaway and put the Maven RS1.2 in them. Went to the range for a half hour and got a quick zero with 5 rounds over the Garmin. The factory 180 ELDM was about a 100 fps slower than box speeds but was getting faster with each consecutive shot starting at 2860 and ended at 2890. This is my first FFP scope and so far I like it.

View attachment 748283

Jay
Don't judge the barrel just yet. My 6 creed sped up over 100fps after almost 175rds.