Maven rs1.2 mil in stock

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
The guy has 3200 followers, that’s an influencer now? I need to send in an application if that’s getting free scopes. Thanks for the heads up 👍

sndmn11

WKR
Based on my dealings Asians could care less about selling you someone else's product with your name laser etched on.

So if anyone of you wants to put up the money I'm sure they'll sell you the scopes.
100%! There's a few business experts in here that don't work in hunting or optics that prop themselves up as experts; uncoincidentally, they won't start their own business...

150 of each which sold out in 1 day.
You guys really need to examine the reality that Roksliders are .1% of the hunting and shooting market. The concept that hundreds of thousands of people out there are chasing down scopes that seem to pass the zero retention evaluation here is far from the truth. Rokslide is really cool, but once the two dozen people here get their scope, the trend line will plateau for that sku and traditional sales will continue.

There are other scopes Maven has with that reticle, available right now, and other scopes have "passed" that are available right now. The business experts above should be able to see that the market is not big enough to drive those into scarcity, so at some point the Rokslide(heart emoji)RS1.2 well is going to dry up.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sold my NF and don't plan on buying another.
I didn't have any NF yet but I always held them in high regards and was solidly considering one BUT anyone needlessly associated with Muley Freak is just hard to stomach. I've stopped buying from Black Ovis too. There is just no reason companies should pair up with him after multiple convictions. A pattern of behavior isn't a mistake, and where there is smoke their is fire, imho.

• Love
Reactions: WKR

wnelson14

WKR
100%! There's a few business experts in here that don't work in hunting or optics that prop themselves up as experts; uncoincidentally, they won't start their own business...

You guys really need to examine the reality that Roksliders are .1% of the hunting and shooting market. The concept that hundreds of thousands of people out there are chasing down scopes that seem to pass the zero retention evaluation here is far from the truth. Rokslide is really cool, but once the two dozen people here get their scope, the trend line will plateau for that sku and traditional sales will continue.

There are other scopes Maven has with that reticle, available right now, and other scopes have "passed" that are available right now. The business experts above should be able to see that the market is not big enough to drive those into scarcity, so at some point the Rokslide(heart emoji)RS1.2 well is going to dry up.
77,000 members on Rokslide if 5% bought one Maven scope that’s over 3800.
In reality it’s probably 1% of Rokslide buying multiple Maven RS1.2s, I don’t think that’s that far fetched.

Yeah and they'll brand it the Muley Freak Mil (will help you poach over fences) reticle or some shit too...
I don't understand this reference and certainly wasn't trying to stir up controversy or drama. As a business owner, I have no issue with Maven or their forecasting. I was only adding to the conversation. I also like my Nightforce and Trijicon scopes. I post on Rokslide. I don't follow other social or understand influencers.

WKR

WKR
I don't understand this reference and certainly wasn't trying to stir up controversy or drama. As a business owner, I have no issue with Maven or their forecasting. I was only adding to the conversation. I also like my Nightforce and Trijicon scopes. I post on Rokslide. I don't follow other social or understand influencers.
I'm pretty sure that comment wasn't directed towards you personally.

You didn't understand the reference, but basically Nightforce marketing decided to sponsor a known poacher and got alot of push back from hunters. There was a big thread here on rokslide about it that most likely got locked and disappeared in the depths of old locked threads.

SDHNTR

WKR
Seems like the word fickle is being used a lot.
If I needed to scope right now, I would not wait for maven or SWFA to figure out their supply problems.
This trend of companies doing pre-orders and then trying to figure out everything afterwards is something I hope doesn’t catch on. Consumers shouldn’t be the one providing interest free loans while they work out the how, when, and why to products.
This, x1000! I despise this trend too. The “pre-order” hustle is the business model of a company unwilling or unable to secure traditional financing, or even investor financing, so they resort to “pre-order” games and gullible consumers fall for it. It’s exactly that, an interest free loan. Hard nope.

WKR

WKR
Beau martonik
Never heard of him, is he a popular hunting influencer? I'm a little surprised because when I talked to maven about this topic a couple years ago they said they had no plans to go the influencer marketing route....this is unfortunate

sndmn11

WKR
77,000 members on Rokslide if 5% bought one Maven scope that’s over 3800.
In reality it’s probably 1% of Rokslide buying multiple Maven RS1.2s, I don’t think that’s that far fetched.
That number of 150 for a secondary order that Sam had firsthand from the source is great data. Do you think a company would halve, double, or stick with the same quanityt as its original stocking order after they sold out quickly?

My point is, that there is merit in scaling orders for the Rokslide crowd rather than going gangbusters assuming that the rest of the market is like us.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It was in regards to your comment about a new NF reticle and I joked they might name it after their new partnership with a multiple conviction poacher. To my knowledge Maven doesn't have anything to do with the poacher Muley Freak and I pray it stays that way.

It was in regards to your comment about a new NF reticle and I joked they might name it after their new partnership with a multiple conviction poacher. To my knowledge Maven doesn't have anything to do with the poacher Muley Freak and I pray it stays that way.

Gotcha. Thread derail, but I'm assuming the new NF owners didn't know. No need to respond to this. I can look it up myself.

I still hope to pickup the RS1.2. I'll sign up for the emails, maybe that will help next time.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
It gets a lot easier to grasp when you truly understand and accept to your core that these the people that run these companies and/or make decisions are not people that actually do the thing they sell. One of the most common things I hear from companies is “we never thought this would sell, we don’t understand”.

These companies do not need to, nor do they sell 10,000 scopes a year. People can keep beating the “the market is too small” drum all they want, but it is ignorance. Each time a legit product comes out that is “niche” it is widely successful.

amassi

WKR
Probably already mentioned so forgive me but I bet their “notify me” requests would be a safe number to at least meet but probably exceed. Certainly could extrapolate for site visits and option selection.
Yea 30% of those “notify me” requests go unfilled as buyers move on, reinvest or lose funds- but that surplus would then be In stock inventory which for most companies is a good thing. Maven clearly isn’t adverse to inventory as 90% of their scopes show as in stock.
Companies now have access to so much data to have one ran on feelings is asinine.

Grundy53

WKR
Probably already mentioned so forgive me but I bet their “notify me” requests would be a safe number to at least meet but probably exceed. Certainly could extrapolate for site visits and option selection.
Yea 30% of those “notify me” requests go unfilled as buyers move on, reinvest or lose funds- but that surplus would then be In stock inventory which for most companies is a good thing. Maven clearly isn’t adverse to inventory as 90% of their scopes show as in stock.
Companies now have access to so much data to have one ran on feelings is asinine.
That's a great idea. I didn't even think of that. Apparently, Maven didn't either.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk