Maven rs1.2 mil in stock

SDHNTR

WKR
Maven is on a podcast. I think it was rokcast.

Basically in not so many words he doesn't believe the rok crowd is a large enough market.

He orders about 50- 100 at a time.
He figured the 1st run was a fluke and he would have to sit on the 2nd run.

Said he still believes the rush will die off so he's scared he will have to sit on a large shipment.

Production lead time is 5 months.

It just a simple matter of risk.

What you all need to do is pester them for a pre order, pay up from and take the risk off of Maven
This is all I needed to hear. A business owner who lacks confidence (and an ability to sense demand). After this most recent round of availability games, I no longer want a Maven scope. I deal with business owners all day, every day. The ones who are afraid of risk don’t last.

Last edited:

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
The mob is fickle and all of this sudden demand is based on one dude on the internet. If anything goes wrong with that (like if SWFA somehow finds their way back into business and there are $500 approved scopes laying around), Maven is sitting on $100,000 worth of scopes that they can't sell until they convince a new group of people that they're better than Vortex and Leupold

SDHNTR

WKR
The mob is fickle and all of this sudden demand is based on one dude on the internet. If anything goes wrong with that (like if SWFA somehow finds their way back into business and there are $500 approved scopes laying around), Maven is sitting on $100,000 worth of scopes that they can't sell until they convince a new group of people that they're better than Vortex and Leupold
That’s called risk. A business afraid of a $100k risk isn’t destined for much.

The demand isn’t based on one dude. It’s based on what the market, or at least a meaningful sub segment of the market, is telling you what they want. Listen! And if you are scared of winding up with unsold inventory, you lean on your marketing people. That’s their job! Oh and BTW, a few weeks or months worth of inventory on the shelves isn’t a bad thing!

Last edited:
All it will take is one Maven scope failing the Rokslide drop test. The mob will drop them like a hot potato and move onto the next flavor of the month.

There so many of these small scope companies that pop up over night then fizzle out because the hype dies out. Arken, swampfox, Gideon, etc etc.

Based on my dealings Asians could care less about selling you someone else's product with your name laser etched on.

So if anyone of you wants to put up the money I'm sure they'll sell you the scopes.

• Haha
Reactions: WKR
I'm curious to know how hunters are liking the Maven rs1.2. I've never used one. Based on performance and price, the ones I like the best are SWFA 6x42, SWFA 3-9x42, and Bushnell's 3-12x44 LRHS. Is the Maven superior or in the same league?

RyanT26

WKR
Maven is on a podcast. I think it was rokcast.

Basically in not so many words he doesn't believe the rok crowd is a large enough market.

He orders about 50- 100 at a time.
He figured the 1st run was a fluke and he would have to sit on the 2nd run.

Said he still believes the rush will die off so he's scared he will have to sit on a large shipment.

Production lead time is 5 months.

It just a simple matter of risk.

What you all need to do is pester them for a pre order, pay up from and take the risk off of Maven
Not doing that again. Five months will turn into a year+.

RyanT26

WKR
I have my doubts SWFA is returning anytime soon if ever. I don’t know what the hell the people do that work there all day.
Companies standing in their own way is bizarre. $100,000 worth the scopes wouldn’t last two weeks. But then again I’m not in the scope making market.

RyanT26

WKR
Seems like the word fickle is being used a lot.
If I needed to scope right now, I would not wait for maven or SWFA to figure out their supply problems.
This trend of companies doing pre-orders and then trying to figure out everything afterwards is something I hope doesn’t catch on. Consumers shouldn’t be the one providing interest free loans while they work out the how, when, and why to products.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I have my doubts SWFA is returning anytime soon if ever. I don’t know what the hell the people do that work there all day.
Companies standing in their own way is bizarre. $100,000 worth the scopes wouldn’t last two weeks. But then again I’m not in the scope making market.
I just went with that number because it sounded like a lot but not like a million lot. Scope is $1200, podcast guy said 50-100 scopes, seemed ok.
Maybe a million would have been the right made up number.

Consumers shouldn’t be the one providing interest free loans while they work out the how, when, and why to products.
Certainly fair, but if you’re not willing to then you get what you get, when you get it.

Direct to consumer is great as long as you’re not in a time crunch.

We all recognize how social media influence can blow up demand for a hunting spot. Demand for a particular product is no different.

The post above that pointed out how a fickle internet market could tank demand is spot on. Consumer demand is here today, gone tomorrow subject to the whims of the internet.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's the truth- they didn't think the Mil reticle would be so popular as Maven only as one scope where mils out sales moa. That's why they ve continued to split the order moa/mil reticle.

There is a 5 month supply chain delay, which means you have to predict the market in 5 months. Maven sold out the original shipment and immediately ordered a another 150 of each which sold out in 1 day. Immediately ordered more which of course sold out in 45 minutes. Another rush order can't be delivered for 5 months.

There is also scheduling with thier supplier they can only produce so many as a partial order or in words making Mavens other optics line while trying to get scopes out. In April they ordered a substantial order of 1.2 unfortunately that puts the delivery date in October.

Nothing more that Maven wants then to sell you a scope.

You can listen here- Cade Maestas of Maven lays out what's happening with the 1.2 it's towards the end of the podcast https://www.rokslide.com/tt36-scouting-with-jared-bloomgren/

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Grundy53

WKR
Here's the truth- they didn't think the Mil reticle would be so popular as Maven only as one scope where mils out sales moa. That's why they ve continued to split the order moa/mil reticle.

There is a 5 month supply chain delay, which means you have to predict the market in 5 months. Maven sold out the original shipment and immediately ordered a another 150 of each which sold out in 1 day. Immediately ordered more which of course sold out in 45 minutes. Another rush order can't be delivered for 5 months.

There is also scheduling with thier supplier they can only produce so many as a partial order or in words making Mavens other optics line while trying to get scopes out. In April they ordered a substantial order of 1.2 unfortunately that puts the delivery date in October.

Nothing more that Maven wants then to sell you a scope.

You can listen here- Cade Maestas of Maven lays out what's happening with the 1.2 it's towards the end of the podcast https://www.rokslide.com/tt36-scouting-with-jared-bloomgren/

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I listened to that episode. It sounds like he still doesn't understand why that scope is so popular. You would think they would try to get a grasp on it so they could maybe replicate the phenomenon in their other scope lines. Or at least take advantage of this one. Alas, it doesn't seem like they want to understand. They just chalk it up to a one off or something.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Haha!!! you know thats not gunna happen
They've got influencers to sponsor

Maven doesn't do that, or atleast didn't in the beginning. And I hope they still dont.

I know at least one influencer who is maven sponsored.

Based on my dealings Asians could care less about selling you someone else's product with your name laser etched on.

So if anyone of you wants to put up the money I'm sure they'll sell you the scopes.

LOW will not do business with you unless you have at least 3 years of optics sales for your brand, plus a minimum number of employees. I tried that angle already.