Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

Dobermann

WKR
I’ve signed up for notifications multiple times and have not received one yet…..:mad:
If you write to them, they seem to maintain a list of people they give a heads up to first.

I stupidly didn't remind them to put me back on it, so didn't find out about this last drop in time.

However, effectively having two lists makes me wonder how that works for the folks who just sign up via their site ... 🤷‍♂️

SloppyJ

WKR
I’ve signed up for notifications multiple times and have not received one yet…..:mad:
Normally that's the case for me. At least when it comes to LRM primers. However, I can say that their notifications have been working for me. I've been pussyfooting around about getting another NF or this so I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I can't say I haven't had the opportunity. Now that I want to buy one, I probably just jinxed myself. You need to select the reticle version you want before you sign up for notifications, FYI.

For anyone that has both, would you pick the Maven over the NF SHV 4x14 with the Mil R SHV reticle? If so why?

Dobermann

WKR
Normally that's the case for me. At least when it comes to LRM primers. However, I can say that their notifications have been working for me. I've been pussyfooting around about getting another NF or this so I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I can't say I haven't had the opportunity. Now that I want to buy one, I probably just jinxed myself. You need to select the reticle version you want before you sign up for notifications, FYI.

For anyone that has both, would you pick the Maven over the NF SHV 4x14 with the Mil R SHV reticle? If so why?
Pretty sure a couple of folks on here have said the Maven reticle is superior for hunting ... I think Form has said this in at least two posts, and probably two or three other Slide members as well ...

ridgeline

FNG
My NF SHV 4-14 Mil R "good scope" just couldn't find any love for it and sent it down the road... So yesterday upon my Tikka/Bravo combo I peeled of another good scope to mount the new to me Maven RS1.2 SHR-Mil and can see with only a cursory finger blasting session and static tracking test that if live fire is money, I'd have no hesitation to buy more...

ChrisAU

WKR

Yes, and I’ve had a couple 4-14 SHVs including the new MIL-C model and the MIL-R. The Maven is a 1/4 lb lighter, has a much wider FOV on minimum mag, a touch higher max mag, a much better zero stop, is a more compact package, and I’d bet it has better glass though that’s not high on list of concerns for me. Oh, and of course the biggest thing, the reticle. Both NF reticles are awful for hunting compared to the Maven. I can’t think of any scenario where the SHV is a better tool for any job than the Maven.