Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

ChrisAU

WKR
Has anyone found out if the Leupold alumina lens caps work with the RS 1.2?

I was told Friday that the objective thread is M49x0.6, which is an extremely odd size. I’m waiting on a follow up from Maven, but if it is not actually M49x0.5 or M49x0.75 then we stand no chance of any cross brand stuff fitting. I’ve also reached out to Tenebraex but have not heard yet. If we can find one or two matches it will be much easier to find something. Swaro and Meopta list their objective thread size in specs, wish others did.

Dobermann

WKR
if you spent all your fun money on rokstocks and mavens is there another option for scope caps that guys are using that aren't 100$ for a pair?
I only use Tenebraex or Aadmount, but if you're in the Form camp of not using caps, then the Stone Glacier or Maven scope covers work okay.

Tenebraex are more pliable and easier to open and shut, but (ironically) 'feel' flimsy, although this might be more a function of them being pliable. I've had one break that Armament never bothered to get back to me about.

Aadmount 'feel' cheap in that they're printed, but they're stiffer. I've also had one occular latch stop working.

Sadler

WKR
I
I was told Friday that the objective thread is M49x0.6, which is an extremely odd size. I’m waiting on a follow up from Maven, but if it is not actually M49x0.5 or M49x0.75 then we stand no chance of any cross brand stuff fitting. I’ve also reached out to Tenebraex but have not heard yet. If we can find one or two matches it will be much easier to find something. Swaro and Meopta list their objective thread size in specs, wish others did.
I think I have a lens shade for the mark 5 in my truck. When I get a chance I’ll go grab it to see if they are compatible. I didn’t even think about that before I posted

I have never had any issues with butler creek caps. Some people say they're junk and break in a few weeks but I don't throw my rifles on and under tools and drive rough roads that way so I've never broken one. I think they work pretty well considering they're really inexpensive
Do you know what sizes for the butler creek?