Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

atmat

WKR
Yet when I asked Maven what makes the 1.2 different and more durable, I got the lame canned response… “all of our scopes are built to the same outstanding durability standards”.
Understand that marketing and customer service aren’t going to spill any beans.

prm

WKR
Probably the erector design. The old school single leaf spring-like design is likely not what they are using. I thought I read somewhere about a design where the inner tube was directly connected to the dial system vice being pushed against some form of spring(s). I too would like to know what is different from a curiosity standpoint. At least in broad terms.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Probably not anything top secret or complex. Nothing for Maven to buy a Tenmile or SWFA and take them apart, then ask LOW to build one like it. Maybe a few extra steps added, extra $50-$100 tops on the manufacturers cost. All parts available to use already, nothing custom. Wouldn’t be surprised if 3-18 Tenmile and RS1.2 shared some parts.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a trick to getting the cap tops to unscrew to that the turrets can be zeroed? Maybe mine are just super tight? Thanks for any help.

I searched the thread and the results didn’t find any thing on this.

T_Widdy

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
Is there a trick to getting the cap tops to unscrew to that the turrets can be zeroed? Maybe mine are just super tight? Thanks for any help.

They are tight when new. Hold the very bottom of the knurled part and then twist the top 1/8” off, there is an o-ring and if cold it’s worse

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

I thought I was some sort of idiot. They are really tight and the pattern on mine lined up perfectly like it was one solid piece. The top section does come unscrewed from the rest of the turret it’s just really tight from factory.

Nippy

FNG
Anyone know if the Unknown Munition low rings will fit this optic with a carbon barrel? Thanks.

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone used maven customer support ? Says the Rs1.2 was delivered but it’s not here. Not sure if someone decided walk by and find themselves with a new scope or if post service dropped it off at different place but I’ve walked the street and asked around so now folks think I’m chasing my tail

fwafwow

WKR
Anyone used maven customer support ? Says the Rs1.2 was delivered but it’s not here. Not sure if someone decided walk by and find themselves with a new scope or if post service dropped it off at different place but I’ve walked the street and asked around so now folks think I’m chasing my tail
Ugh. That sucks. I track all of my stuff, inbound and outbound, and would be wound pretty tight if that happened to me. That's one of the benefits to "proof of delivery" pics (when provided). I've had to figure out quite a few Uber Eats misdeliveries based on what "welcome" mats on the street look like.

Good luck in finding your scope.

My wife has an Etsy shop and she always gets calls saying it was delivered and they don't have it. She thinks the driver may scan the package when he loads the truck and it registers delivered. The packages usually show up the next day or so.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Yea I would email them now but not panic for 2 or so days.

Maven CS was fantastic for me. I emailed them with a question regarding the length of time between when I placed an order to when it was going to be shipped. A couple of weeks had passed. They replied promptly with an explanation, and when the order arrived, it included a gift card for my troubles and the several week delay.

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Maven CS was fantastic for me. I emailed them with a question regarding the length of time between when I placed an order to when it was going to be shipped. A couple of weeks had passed. They replied promptly with an explanation, and when the order arrived, it included a gift card for my troubles and the several week delay.
They told me we both have to wait til 48 hours and then submit a missing form to USPS. But they were very friendly thus far via email.