Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to talk them into selling me the scope and covers at the bundle discount. They did tell me they expect more soon.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So Maven have finally given Rokslide what everyone wanted: a reliable scope with a usable reticle, decent glass, good features, and not too expensive.
Basically an updated Bushnell LRHS 3-12.

The only problem is its too heavy and needs less magnification, but also need more magnification, and needs to be cheaper.
It'd also help if it were a Nightforce and had the THLR reticle.
Too heavy is my only complaint. :p It doesn't distinguish as much from LRTS and Ten mile for instance.

I don't care if its more or less mag, I will accept less for lighter though and assume more is gonna be heavier is all. :) Costwise it seems like they are in the hunt with this one. I like that the mil reticle isn't a full on tree, seems usable.

So Maven have finally given Rokslide what everyone wanted: a reliable scope with a usable reticle, decent glass, good features, and not too expensive.
Basically an updated Bushnell LRHS 3-12.

The only problem is its too heavy and needs less magnification, but also need more magnification, and needs to be cheaper.
It'd also help if it were a Nightforce and had the THLR reticle.

If you ever wondered why scope companies don't just listen to "market", we'll here's your answer.

I wonder how many people who have apparently been waiting for something like won't buy it as its not that final 5% of the way to being perfect (for them and their niche use case).
I don't disagree with your discernments on the matter. I do think that there's a large contingent of shooters and hunters who either don't know what they want, or at least have little clue as to why they want what they do.

Take weight, for instance. How many times do we read an arbitrary number assigned as a sort of line in the sand. What factors do people use when they decide that 16 Oz is OK to schlep around, but 19-22 ounces are definite deal brokers.

Either way, it's tough for the scope companies to put out things that will sell. Just glad there's more FFP Mil-Mil options than there used to be, and glad that the Maven reticle is better than so many other FFP's these days that are pretty much the same and really aren't that well executed, yet still seem popular.

Cost of new barrel/chamber: $800 +\-
Cost of good reliable FFP scope: quite a bit more usually

there are almost unlimited options to dial in a barrel spec/build to the weight and balance you’re looking for.

There are very few scope options and the reliable ones with a good reticle weigh, what the weigh.

it makes sense to me to build the rest of the gun around the scope you want to use because the options are so limited.

I guess if ultra light is the goal that is a different ball game..but not really something I’m interested in for long range work

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve got my gift cards purchased and I’ll be ordering one once the bundle is restocked. I appreciate Maven making strides towards a better scope. That being said, my unicorn scope would be in that 20ish oz range, 3-12ish (I like 4x range versus a 5x) and around a 40mm objective for around that $1k mark.

Currently I have the following in use:
LHRS 3-12
SWFA 3-9 (my go-to at the moment)
SWFA 6
SWFA 10

The old unicorn scope would probably result in me buying 5 and then asking Ryan to ban me from this subforum.

I’ve got my gift cards purchased and I’ll be ordering one once the bundle is restocked. I appreciate Maven making strides towards a better scope. That being said, my unicorn scope would be in that 20ish oz range, 3-12ish (I like 4x range versus a 5x) and around a 40mm objective for around that $1k mark.

LHRS 3-12
SWFA 6
SWFA 10

The old unicorn scope would probably result in me buying 5 and then asking Ryan to ban me from this subforum.

There's a used S&B Klassik 3-12 in the classifieds for ~1,100. Damn near your unicorn

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Or law of supply vs demand has kicked in and they’ve decided to not offer the bundle.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
I talked with Cade for a while yesterday.

They have had scopes in stock since the introduction. The "out of stock" for the black MIL version first last week because the labeling for such ran out. The gray version shortly followed, but labels were received within a few days.

The current bundle OOS is because of an ancillary item included and not the scope itself. @Jimbee is spot on.

Dobermann

WKR
Correct.

And to me at least, the rest is just noise on this thread from a few vocal folks. Would be interested to see if ther tune changed if/when they got this scope in hand.

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider

LHRS 3-12
SWFA 6
SWFA 10

I wish you hadn't given me that idea.

TxLite

WKR
Correct.

And to me at least, the rest is just noise on this thread from a few vocal folks. Would be interested to see if ther tune changed if/when they got this scope in hand.

So far it seems like a great option with features that a lot of us were hoping for. If it continues to hold zero I’ll likely be purchasing one. It weighs the same as my tenmile but offers ffp with a usable reticle.

Just because a 20oz 3-12 would be a great option, it doesn’t detract from this scope or make it bad or unusable.

It just means that when Maven releases the 3-12 version I’ll have to buy that one also.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the testing plays out.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I saw a reference on that thread from UM for to 30# on the caps but their website listed 15#
The video they posted for install instructions featuring Jake, he used a 25 inch lb fix it stick. When used against a calibrated torque wrench I found the 25 inch lb fix it stick to be 27-28 inch lbs. I torqued mine with blue loctite to 28 inch lbs then nail polish over the screws.

The video they posted for install instructions featuring Jake, he used a 25 inch lb fix it stick. When used against a calibrated torque wrench I found the 25 inch lb fix it stick to be 27-28 inch lbs. I torqued mine with blue loctite to 28 inch lbs then nail polish over the screws.

Liquid or solid stick type of blue loctite? I have liquid and quit using it. Nearly impossible to clean out of threads after it's cured