Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
The first time I did nine drops was violent. I didn't realize I was on top of a rock pile. Ended up moving it over. It didn't show up very good on the video though. I cringed hard.
What height rings are those? Um tikka"s?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Awesome work. I dropped mine on a similar surface, feed back from @Formidilosus was that a softer surface is suggested.

Regardless, testing your own system inspires a lot of confidence.
Yes! I had cardboard under my shooting mat but it was still way too hard. I totally agree on the confidence component. I think it's very valuable to know that your gear is trust worthy.

Yes! I had cardboard under my shooting mat but it was still way too hard. I totally agree on the confidence component. I think it's very valuable to know that your gear is trust worthy.
I tested my Zeiss on a 1” thick Teton gravity cot pad on firm, somewhat rocky soil. Think that’s an adequate testing surface?

The 18” drops were pretty benign on it but the waist height drops felt significant enough.

Did you check your elevation turret for any bending? Mine bounced about like yours and I bent the turret slightly. It didn't create any issues with zero retention or tracking accuracy and repeatability though.... Rocking a bent turret on the rs1.2 with full functionality speaks to it's reliability

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I tested my Zeiss on a 1” thick Teton gravity cot pad on firm, somewhat rocky soil. Think that’s an adequate testing surface?

The 18” drops were pretty benign on it but the waist height drops felt significant enough.
I'm not the expert on this but it's either barely adequate or not enough. I think Rocky hard ground should be avoided.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Did you check your elevation turret for any bending? Mine bounced about like yours and I bent the turret slightly. It didn't create any issues with zero retention or tracking accuracy and repeatability though.... Rocking a bent turret on the rs1.2 with full functionality speaks to it's reliability
I haven't looked at it but I wouldn't be surprised. It felt a little bit different but still tracks and functions right. The feeling different might have been in my head after watching it bounce violently though.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
mine arrived today. not mounted yet. parallax is firm but fine. I'm an MOA guy and like the reticle quite a bit. not sure i'll use the illumination but it's there. NFW I'm conducting any drop tests of my own

I didn’t find any of the turrets/knobs to be overly stiff on mine. I really like the illuminated reticle. At first glance, I’m not sure the reticle would be completely useable in the timber at 2.5x but I think it certainly would at 4x.

visage

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any leads on when the mil version is expected to be back in stock? I've been impatiently waiting to get one but considering going with the RS3.2 or a NF so I can start shooting my new element.

Dobermann

WKR
Does anyone have any leads on when the mil version is expected to be back in stock? I've been impatiently waiting to get one but considering going with the RS3.2 or a NF so I can start shooting my new element.
I think an earlier post said next batch due June - scroll up or look at the other thread.

Either way, if you email them, they'll put you on a list. Sounds like they might only email those who have been on it the longest though. Worked for me last time.

Grundy53

WKR
I really want to try one, but if I can't get one this next go round. I'm going to have to pick up a nightforce for my new element. Need to get practicing with it. September will be here before you know it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

visage

Lil-Rokslider
I really want to try one, but if I can't get one this next go round. I'm going to have to pick up a nightforce for my new element. Need to get practicing with it. September will be here before you know it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Which NF are you looking at for an alternative?

visage

Lil-Rokslider
I think an earlier post said next batch due June - scroll up or look at the other thread.

Either way, if you email them, they'll put you on a list. Sounds like they might only email those who have been on it the longest though. Worked for me last time.
I signed up for the “notify me” email list but never got an email when they came back into stock most recently, so I guess there were other ahead of me…

I signed up for the “notify me” email list but never got an email when they came back into stock most recently, so I guess there were other ahead of me…
Did you sign up with black MIL selected?

I signed up with black/silver MIL selected and did not get an email because that didn’t come in stock. I just spend too much time on rokslide at work so found out pretty early.