Maven CRS 3 Newest New model.

kad11

WKR
Here's what will happen

-do testing
-self evaluate for flaws
-re-test
-same results = post
-500 people on here who won't test their own stuff complain and nit-pick ---> "your rings suck" "your gun sucks" "your ammo sucks" "your mat isn't official" (in the case of Maven it will also be "they lied" regardless if it passes or not)
-same 500 people end up saying "can't wait for an official @Formidilosus drop test"
-same 500 people then complain about weight of scope, no zero stop, and then try to dream up a magic scope again

It'll get done, but it's quite a bit down on the priority list behind elk/deer spotting/carrying, and perpetual brown puppy bird stuff.
We promise not to whine or nit-pick...

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I get that. I'm just excited to see something so close to the rs1.2 that is $500 cheaper and potentially reliable and want to see if there's any hint of reliability. It's generally pretty easy to see when something obviously fails the drop test
That's why being on the T1x is a good start for me, I did the same thing with the rs1.2s. I can fiddle with a higher volume at a quicker pace initially, before moving it over to the center-fire and 20X my cost per trigger press.

I have rs3.2 to test as well. Unfortunately, the rings I've had success with in the past are no longer made, which is why I am trying these Warnes. If either fail, then I need to proof the rifle in the same visit. In the case of the CRS3 mounted in these new rings, that means the new Warnes need proofed as well. So, it could be going through rs3.2 in old rinhs, crs3 in new rings, SHV in new rings, SHV in old rings. 10 shot groups, adjustment, plus testing is a bit of time/ammo/focus investment for it to be done as right as possible.

What would you use this scope for? I haven't talked to anyone at Maven about "who" they had in mind when coming out with it. I'm curious what the people who might buy it, have in mind when doing so.

That's why being on the T1x is a good start for me, I did the same thing with the rs1.2s. I can fiddle with a higher volume at a quicker pace initially, before moving it over to the center-fire and 20X my cost per trigger press.

I have rs3.2 to test as well. Unfortunately, the rings I've had success with in the past are no longer made, which is why I am trying these Warnes. If either fail, then I need to proof the rifle in the same visit. In the case of the CRS3 mounted in these new rings, that means the new Warnes need proofed as well. So, it could be going through rs3.2 in old rinhs, crs3 in new rings, SHV in new rings, SHV in old rings. 10 shot groups, adjustment, plus testing is a bit of time/ammo/focus investment for it to be done as right as possible.

What would you use this scope for? I haven't talked to anyone at Maven about "who" they had in mind when coming out with it. I'm curious what the people who might buy it, have in mind when doing so.

Those are all good plans.

I'd just use it as a general hunting scope, the same as the rs1.2 I have. The appeal is that it is cheaper. I don't care that it has no zero stop (still haven't set mine on my rs1.2) or windage cap. Those two "features" have never been a buy or pass consideration for me. The few things I care about are: reliability/function, reticle, weight.

The illumination and 20x mag are detractors, but if the reliability and function are there, I'd likely be in on one.

kad11

WKR
Those are all good plans.

I'd just use it as a general hunting scope, the same as the rs1.2 I have. The appeal is that it is cheaper. I don't care that it has no zero stop (still haven't set mine on my rs1.2) or windage cap. Those two "features" have never been a buy or pass consideration for me. The few things I care about are: reliability/function, reticle, weight.

The illumination and 20x mag are detractors, but if the reliability and function are there, I'd likely be in on one.

Same here. Just looking for a reliable offering with that reticle for the price point. I'd likely never turn that mag ring above 10x...

nobody

WKR
Here's what will happen

-do testing
-self evaluate for flaws
-re-test
-same results = post
-500 people on here who won't test their own stuff complain and nit-pick ---> "your rings suck" "your gun sucks" "your ammo sucks" "your mat isn't official" (in the case of Maven it will also be "they lied" regardless if it passes or not)
-same 500 people end up saying "can't wait for an official @Formidilosus drop test"
-same 500 people then complain about weight of scope, no zero stop, and then try to dream up a magic scope again

It'll get done, but it's quite a bit down on the priority list behind elk/deer spotting/carrying, and perpetual brown puppy bird stuff.
That’s fair. I honestly just wanted to make everyone uncomfortable by using the word “daddy”

Either way, I’ll be anxiously watching how this turns out whether you drop it or not. The scope checks lots of boxes and seems an incredible value assuming it works as designed. I have one in my cart right now, just deciding whether to pick this up first or pick up a 223 bolt gun trainer first…