Maven Binos

Jpr778

FNG
I’m looking to get into some more quality glass than my current binos, Vortex Crossfire HD 8x42. I bought them a few years ago when I was still in college and on a tight budget, lol. They are fine for treestand hunting and getting eyes on stuff closer range, but they are pretty terrible for glassing big ag fields here in Ohio. I was having a really tough time trying to ID a bachelor group of bucks the other night that were around 450 yards.

Have been reading a ton of good things about the Binos Maven has to offer. I’m interested in the C.3 10x50, are these my best best bet trying to stay under $600?

NickyD

Lil-Rokslider
I had the 8x42 crossover and upgraded to the c3 10x50. I think you’d be very happy with the upgrade.

But you still may not get the results you are hoping for. My Zeiss riflescope at 6x is much better for field judging angers in low light and in heavy mirage, quality glass is very important

Your best bet is going to be a used pair in the B series. Probably should be able to find something around the 600 dollar mark there. I personally do not think the C series are worthwhile.

If you have $600 to spend you should be able to find some just-below alpha level glass in the classifieds that will be a nice jump in quality. Zeiss conquests, meopta meostar, vortex razor, etc.

nobody

WKR
If buying new for sub $1k, the maven c series is top of the list for performance IMO. Nothing can touch them for their full retail price relative to performance.

That said, you can find used glass for around that without issue that’ll be much better. I saw a pair of Leica Trinovid 10x42’s last night on local classifieds for $650, those are a great buy. Also found a pair of green Leica duovid 10-15x50 for $800 that are tempting me for no reason on the same local classifieds. You can find maven b series (b1 as an example) used for around $6-$800 fairly easily, and their b2’s for between $700-$900 with some regularity. If you’ve got time, shop used and be patient, it’ll pay off in the long term

Unless you're hung up on Maven, take a look at Tract. They are right in your price range and area significant jump up from the Maven C-series.

Weldor

WKR
Have not looked through the Maven's, but can say that you can find some great deals on Zeiss and Leica's below a grand.

Id make what you have work, save up a bit more and wait for some B series Mavens to pop up in the classifieds. Either the B1.2 or B6. C series will compete with glass around its price point. B series will go toe to toe with glass much more expensive.

Ive linked this before, but this is a detailed comparison of the B6 vs the EL 12x50.....

clarkbnd

FNG
I have the 12x50 C.3s. I don't have much to compare it to but I'm happy with them for the price. I have no trouble seeing details at 4-500 yds. I bet they are light years better than the crossfires you have. Take your time and check out all the reviews you can find before spending a load of cash.