Maven B2 9x45 - looking for replacement recommendations as Nov 2023

I am in the market for a set of binos as the title says which would ideally replace the Maven 9x45s I currently use as my main pair in the field. I am aware of prior threads with similar requests for input, etc. but...but a lot has been released since some of the more information filled threads were created so I thought this thread would be helpful to myself and others in my same position.

I would like to hear an updated opinion or recommendation on a premium pair of binoculars that could replace the mavens I currently own. Interested in hearing from members whom have had time in the field with their recommendation.

Thank you in advance. and if you are interested in a set of 9 B2s feel free to PM me.

What I don't like about the B2 9x45s that I own
1. Eye cups do not stay in place (Not a B2 issue per se).
2. Eye cup outer rubber part came unglued at one point
3. Weight and length. A solid set of 10x42s (the comp here) should/can be under 30oz
4. Focus point. Seemed to be a small window where that knob is in a position which is focused for my eyes. Slight movement of the knob and I am out of focus.

Brands less familiar to me but on my radar:
-Leica
-Swaro
-Kowa
-GPO
-Meopta

Firehawk

WKR
I moved to Swarovski EL 8.5x42 after my Maven B2 9x45. The Swaros are better. Not by as much as one would think, but they are better. Easier to stay behind and better Depth of Focus. Glass quality is very similar in my opinion, but build quality and size goes to the EL. But I also never thought that the B2 was bad quality whatsoever. I never had a problem with eye cups and the size was never an issue, although on paper I thought it should have been. They held easy and were terrific on a tripod.

I did have to send them to Maven for repair after I way overtighten my bino stud trying to get the slot to line up for a Field Optics stud. Broke something in the focus mechanism. They were terrific to work with, sent me a loaner pair to use until mine were fixed, and communicated with me through the process.

I am a big Maven fan if you can't tell. But the EL is an upgrade.

OP
B
What's the budget?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I'll likely buy them used off a forum or look for some discount so its hard to just use OTD figures from a retailer...I guess 2500-3000 is where I draw the line. Swaro NLs are probably $3800-$4000 OTD with a headrest - that's not something I am willing to pay. But would happily pay $2750 for NL 10s

wnelson14

WKR

OP
B

Thank you. Been following these and I’ve been looking here on classifieds. Seems like a lot of NLs up for sale. Not sure if reading into that as any indication of anything other than popularity is fair. I guess I’d be curious if the reason Zeiss and Leica are less common on the up for sale is just lower popularity or people buy it and keep it

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been curious on that too. I waited all summer for victory SFs to come up for sale and none ever did so I bought new

OP
B
I’ve been curious on that too. I waited all summer for victory SFs to come up for sale and none ever did so I bought new

Have you used swaros extensively or just experience with them in the field? Enough to provide a comparison?

wnelson14

WKR
Thank you. Been following these and I’ve been looking here on classifieds. Seems like a lot of NLs up for sale. Not sure if reading into that as any indication of anything other than popularity is fair. I guess I’d be curious if the reason Zeiss and Leica are less common on the up for sale is just lower popularity or people buy it and keep it
Way more swaros In the hunting community vs Zeiss and Leica. I would bet a lot of Americans live off credit cards and people buy them for a certain hunt then list them for sale when they realize they bit off more then they can chew financially and can re coup cost after a season or certain hunt. For 90% of hunters and the days they spend hunting (3-12 days/year) there are other options that work just fine.
I would also put money on guide and outfitters who are on the field with NLs for months or even more per year aren’t putting them up for sale.

OP
B
I am sure expected resale value is a contributor to new sales. Net loss or expense after a sale is likely smaller on a swaro then on some Zeiss or Leica despite them being the less expensive bino upfront