Matrix target

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
Bump on this question. I’m wondering the same. I had a Sounder Target and it wasn’t anything revolutionary. I had more concerns about the repeated motion of yanking on my outsert as the arrows came out than the durability of the target itself. The Matrix targets looks nice but I have never shot one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
Hard to beat a 18-1, been shooting broad heads into mine for about 5 years and it is now getting some damage. Still stops them tho.

TheCougar

WKR
So far mine has held up well. It’s a PITA to move and heavy, so plan on it being a semi-permanent target. I kept my beat up Rhinoblock to take with me on hunts. I don’t think it is any more durable than a rinehart or similar target. However, with your ability to move hexes around, it will last years before you shoot out all the hexes. I do like the size too. Big enough that I can back up to 90+ yards and not worry about losing an arrow.

TheCougar

WKR
Also, somewhere on here, Robby Denning ran a long term durability test to shoot out the hexes. Good thread, if you can find it.

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the M1. I literally had a Rhinehart delivered to my doorstep and changed my mind. The Inventor claims somewhere around 30% easier to remove. We will see.

boxx

Lil-Rokslider
Aron Snyder just had the owner of Matrix targets on Kifarucast earlier this month, definitely worth the listen

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
Aron Snyder just had the owner of Matrix targets on Kifarucast earlier this month, definitely worth the listen

I had listened to the podcast just prior to ordering the Rhinehart. The owner, Kevin, is very nice and knows his product well. Shipped the Rhinehart back and ended up with the M1. They are about a week out so it should arrive early next week.

I think I am going to order one. I'm officially done with other targets. I listened to the podcast and havent yet heard a bad thing about them. I know its a lot of money up front but being able to change out the hex's (and replace them one at a time if need be) really makes this seem like it will last a long time. I shoot 71lbs/29 inch draw and a just over 500gr arrow. I also shoot a lot. I just want a target that will last a long time. This one seems to be it it. I will definitely share my thoughts in the future. Thanks to all who provided feedback. Denning's 500 broadhead test was certainly a eye opener.