Mathews V3 27 shooting far left

OP
Mitten_archery13

Mitten_archery13

FNG
Classified Approved
You stated the shop bareshaft tuned the bow. That’s not gonna mean much when you shoot. The bow need tuned to you not another shooters form and anchor unless I read it wrong.
I was the one shooting the bow/ arrow combination while bow tech was off to the side.

wyosam

WKR
Not sure why everyone is leaning towards a tuning issue. It certainly could be. But the OP said the bow was shooting a bullet hole through paper, but only shooting left. It's very common for the spot hoggs sight housing to be offset to one side because of how it's installed. There are many ways and configurations to put the sight housing on the sight. I would set windage to 0, or the middle and move the sight housing left and start sighting in again.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Because it isn’t that it’s not “in tune”, but a common way this happen is the rest gets moved too far left to achieve that bullet hole, so the bow then shoots further left than the sight can account for. To avoid this, some of the tuning has to be done by shimming cams to keep the rest where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I was the one shooting the bow/ arrow combination while bow tech was off to the side.
Ok that makes better sense, I’m no expert but I’ve shot bows for 30 plus years I have my method for modern compounds set every thing to factory spec for center shot ect. With my Mathew’s I shoot through paper with fletching and have shop move top hats to get bullet holes. Now I’m in for fine tuning just because it flying straight into paper at 3/4 yards doesn’t mean it’s hitting straight at hunting distance. Sometimes sure sometimes nope. I sight in at 20 so I’m relatively close now I switch to bare shafts focus on quality and form over volume I personally make small rest adjustments until there hitting close as I can make happen. Very small adjustments make a huge impact. now I sight in my bow then switch to broadheads verify my tune with the biggest broadhead in my collection never had to move the tune again. I shoot bareshafts because I have access to an indoor range could just skip and make same rest movements with broadheads as bare shafts. Since you have the bare shaft can’t hurt to go to 20 yards and shoot fletched and bare together if there grouping together your tuned if not your not.

Marble

WKR
Because it isn’t that it’s not “in tune”, but a common way this happen is the rest gets moved too far left to achieve that bullet hole, so the bow then shoots further left than the sight can account for. To avoid this, some of the tuning has to be done by shimming cams to keep the rest where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get that. But from what the OP said, it was supposed to be in tune. Meaning, he said it was shooting a bullet hole. I'm not sure if he was getting it to shoot a bullet hole or someone else. So I get your point. I think without knowing more, it's hard to make recommendations. Even mine, lol

Be curious to see how it works out.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk