Mathews V3 27 shooting far left

Mitten_archery13

FNG
Classified Approved
I was trying to sight in yesterday at a friend’s house and at ten yards the arrows were hitting six inches left. The sight, Fast Eddie dual pin, was nearly maxed out on windage.
Micro adjustment still had equal movement both ways. When we moved the windage adjustment a few times it did move POI to the right but in small increments.

While at full draw there is a twist in the string and it blocks some of the view through peep sight on the left side.

Is there something going on with the peep sight being partially blocked and forcing me to compensate to get a clear picture sight? Could it be the tune or contact with fetching through the rest?

Bow sight was squared and shot a bare shaft through paper to get it tuned before sighting in.

Shooting an Easton FMJ 250 spine arrow
Vapor trailer gi8 rest

Thank you.

What's the centershot? Meaning, what's distance off the riser to center of the arrow shaft?

Seeing cables in the view of your peep to sight is pretty common, once you ignore them you won't notice or think of it again. If it's simply peep rotation, you need to get the string situated correctly so your peep is aligned.

Marble

WKR
Ànd...if you are shooting that far left, you will need to reposition that sight housing, most likely.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
Guessing centershot moved too far out to paper tune. Need to shim cams to get it to tune with centershot at or near spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mitten_archery13

Mitten_archery13

FNG
Classified Approved
The rest is limb driven. I loosened the string that’s attached to rest via Allen screw.
Once rest was in raised position, it measured 14/16” to center of arrow shaft. Measuring in front of Berger hole.

When I took the bow to a local shop, he did square the sight to riser and shot a “bullet” hole as he describes it with the bare shaft.

So 7/8" is on the edge of recommended cebtershot for that bow, but shouldn't be the problem.

Post a picture of the sight, I'm guessing the windage block needs to be flipped, assuming the housing isn't mounted on a rod, I can't remember what the SH dual pin is right now.

I'm not seeing anything outwardly wrong, you still have some windage on the rod, but it shouldn't nerd to be that far out in my experience.

Were the cams shimmed?

I start with the rest @ 13/16 or a fuzz wider. Shim cams for lateral correction, make tiny micro adjustments if needed to fine tune my bareshafts/broadheads at distance.

I rarely bother to shoot through paper, normally if I adjust cam lean, set nock point correctly, a mathews will bullet hole for me.

That's one thing you could check, is cam lean. You will need to pull your string stop, but then lay a shaft down your cam, making sure to stay off the rise they have along the string track on the end of the cam, then see where of if the shaft intersects your nock point, and by how much.

This is top cam:
20240929_134821.jpg

Intersection that seems to usually work for me, tho some are better off with the middle of the shaft at the nocking point.
20240929_134832.jpg
With the centered cable guard, I set top and bottom cams to have same lean.

Depends on your form, everyone is a little different and why the bow should be tuned to you.

Last edited:
OP
Mitten_archery13

Mitten_archery13

FNG
Classified Approved
I am not sure if the cams were shimmed.
I bought this now used and arrived a without accessories. Picture of top and bottom

I will probably take it to the same shop that set up my Hoyt Carbon Spyder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 2