Mathews acknowledges Lift Limb issues, changes warranty

JRam07

FNG
Matt McPherson and Mathews have acknowledged the Lift Limb issues and have changed their warranty policy so that people who buy used bows will have limbs covered.

Also they say they have fixed the issue.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1723751268743.jpg
    FB_IMG_1723751268743.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 113

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Would have liked to see more details around root cause and solution but good on them for making it right. I'm looking to upgrade from my V3 after this hunting season and was debating whether to pick up a used Phase 4 or a discounted Lift after they release next year's model, looks like I may go the Lift route.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Very happy to see that they are making this right for all future customers. Acknowledging that they have an issue and then making sure that all users are covered moving forward shows their integrity.

dtrkyman

WKR
Cool, now I can buy a used 33, too bad it will probably up the value!

Mathews has always been extremely good about warranty!

OP
JRam07

JRam07

FNG
Very happy to see that they are making this right for all future customers. Acknowledging that they have an issue and then making sure that all users are covered moving forward shows their integrity.
It's a good thing they acknowledged the issue and will warranty the limbs even on secondhand bows.

Kind of crappy that they were telling people and dealers that there wasn't an issue up until today, then release a letter saying they've known about an issue and have figured it out.

I wonder though, is it just a bad batch of limbs? (As it has been stated recently) Why have an indefinite warranty on all Lifts if it was just some bad limbs?

It's a good thing they acknowledged the issue and will warranty the limbs even on secondhand bows.

Kind of crappy that they were telling people and dealers that there wasn't an issue up until today, then release a letter saying they've known about an issue and have figured it out.

I wonder though, is it just a bad batch of limbs? (As it has been stated recently) Why have an indefinite warranty on all Lifts if it was just some bad limbs?

We can Monday morning quarterback, I can remember issues that were never acknowledged by other companies

The little I know, it seems it was a batch. I've never seen a company that had an issue come out and double their warranty.

I have had a set of Mathews limbs warrantied. They had a sliver come off, like what I have seen with the most recent issue. The number of shots I continued to put on them likely labels me a dumbass, but it didn't affect anything. I'm not going to tell anyone to keep shooting them, but most of the limb failures now from any company are superficial/cosmetic. At some point they probably will have some effect on deflection, but it's not like the multi-layer delamination seen in years prior.

Mathews has had a lifetime warranty on all their bows, that actually extends to parts being available. I'm still shooting a bow from '98 that I can still get parts for.

kcm2

WKR
We all make mistakes. The good people and companies stand behind their products and services. Mathews did so here. I'll happily stick with my V3x until the next generation Lifts are more durable.

I won a lift in a drawing at the beginning of the month and it arrived yesterday. Sounds like mines probably one of the fixed ones, I’m excited to get it set up.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Well at least they took care of it and stand behind there product good on em. Glad I shoot Mathews bows the down side the used ones probably gonna go up in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathews has said they don't want customers to pay labor charges on the limb replacement, they are making it up to the dealers. So at this point, I'd say don't let a dealer charge you for the limb warranty on a lift.