Massive Eastern Colorado buck.

Travis907

WKR
Joel,congrats on that massive buck. Those pics don’t do it justice, in person the mass is ridiculous! It will look awesome on your wall!

This hunt took place in a mandatory CWD test unit. I received word this week that this buck in fact tested positive for CWD. I was kind of shocked.
Awesome buck!

What did you decide to do with the meat after getting the CWD news? I haven't yet been faced with the decision, and not sure how it will go when I am..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Awesome buck!

What did you decide to do with the meat after getting the CWD news? I haven't yet been faced with the decision, and not sure how it will go when I am..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had already killed a mule deer and antelope in Wyoming along with a Indiana whitetail so my freezer was full. I decided to donate the meat while I was out there. I contacted the processor I used and informed him it was positive. Colorado F&G recommended to throw all meat away.

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Thanks guys. I was very happy with this deer. Yea it sucks that CWD is spreading everywhere it seems. This buck did not act or look sick at all.

DSY_WA

FNG
Big banana tines out in Eastern Colorado apparently, sheesh

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

McKenny

FNG
Sucks about the CWD. I hunt around the same area but haven't had one test positive yet.