Massage Guns

Anyone here use massage guns to help with recovery? Been thinking about getting one for a while, not sure if I need to buy a nice one or if the middle price range ones are fine.

elkguide

WKR
I have both a Chinese knock off and a Hypervolt. The Chinese one works fairly well. It's definitely noisier. I find myself using the more expensive Hypervolt most times.
I'm a bicycle rider and use it regularly to loosen up after most every day a ride and it definitely helps.

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I love mine. Wouldn't get a total knockoff but I don't think you have to spend a fortune on it. Just go middle-of-the-road in my opinion.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Have a theragun elite.

I am prone to pinched nerves in the neck/spine. With cramping and tightness. Would go to chiro about every other month. At 30 a pop, been able to stop going. So it has paid for about half of itself already.

Works great to pre warm the leg muscles prior to a run.

Would say it helps. But not a world beater.

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
I cheaped out. It's okay, but it stalls out if you press too hard.

I'd like to invest in one I can really "give it hell".

If they come out with one I can use on my back, I'll hand them a blank check.

We have 2 of these in our house, actually the older model the 1 for at least a year maybe 2. Great product for the price.

They all work the cheaper ones are just louder, don't stay charged as long.

I’ve seen them being used in MLB dugouts by players, I’m not sure what brand they use but the fact they they use them tells me they work.

We have a Theragun. They are awesome. I don't use as much as I should but any time i am dealing with excess soreness and use it, it really helps.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got one on Amazon prime day for like 75% off. It mostly just sits on the coffee table or I use it to mess with my dogs.

While it feels ok to get a massage with it, I don’t think it did anything special.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I think getting a really cheap one will be a waste as it might not work in the long run. But then again also don’t spend too much of a fortune on it. Go for a middle-range one that you can afford easily.

rclouse79

WKR
My wife hurt her neck and bought this. After using it I figured it must have cost a fortune and was surprised it was under $100. Who knows how long it will last, but it seems to be doing a good job so far.
2EE4BCB6-46FF-4FFD-9213-DFE137ED1786.jpeg

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I also got a "sportneer" massage gun. Use it once or twice a week and it was very quiet in comparison to my friends Theragun.

It is starting to get loose in the head attachment to the gun - so with medium use over 2ish years it seems it doesn't hold up as well as other options - but it is super quiet and I am not seeing other people have that issue so it could be worth the money.

JStol5

WKR
Theragun gas an “open box special” section on their website. I bought a mini for 1/2 off. Great find. I use it daily to help relieve tension/tightness in my neck, shoulders, and hips.

I was indifferent about them until I got a crick in my neck while staying with my inlaws last year. They had a theragun and it worked the tight muscles out in no time.
They got me one for my birthday last year. I use it often and it's great. My wife has been training for a half marathon and steals if from my cabinet often.

Highly recommend the Theragun

Edit: I've got the mini and it's plenty strong and not near as expensive.

Last edited:

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Had a cheaper one and it lasted about 2 years, got a theragun about 6 months ago, it feels much better seems to get deeper into the muscle.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Theragun and use it constantly. Got it as a gift for my birthday last year and was a little skeptical of it, but it really works well.

Where I’ve noticed the biggest difference is when I use it as part of my warmup, particularly on the days I deadlift or squat. My body is beat up enough now that I can’t get away with the “warmups” I used to do. The Theragun has made a huge difference in being prepared for those major lifts using large muscle groups.

Much easier to target small areas around hip pockets that I’ve had issues with and it’s made a noticeable difference when I put weight on my back.