Marsupial harness quirks…

Trvl2hunt

FNG
I too had a squeaking issue with my harness and e-mailed marsupial. Their suggestion was to stretch it a bit by either putting a slightly larger pair of binos in it, or by wrapping my binos in a shirt and stuffing it in.

I wrapped my binos in a pair of long johns and then threw a balaclava around it for good measure and stuffed em in the pouch for 24 hours. Now they slide in/out extremely easy with no squeak.

Little bit weird but it worked so I won't complain.

For reference that was 10x42 SLCs in a small non-enclosed magnetic pouch. They had previously fit my small no-mag pouch with no issues. The issue was made worse by the wind check and archery release on the sides of the pouch, but again I did that with my previous pouch with no issues.
This is great info. I have the same issue with my 10x42 SLCs. Thanks!

I have both the marsupial small and medium( original style). My 8.5 ELs fit in my small but I use my medium as it just works easier for me. I use my small for a smaller set of binos. Where I hunt now in AL can be very wet but I hunted in Southwest Florida for decades. Thats a place that is wet and humid and everything rusts quickly. I learned early on to get equipment emptied out and dried out as soon as possible. I learned not to leave anything wet in my truck or garage. It just wouldn't dry. It would either rust or mildew.

Archer32

FNG
Having a couple issues with my harness, curious if others have as well

First, it’s become pretty squeaky putting my binos back in the harness, which could be a problem archery hunting, relatively new issue… binos fit fine, they are NL pures (12x42) I switched to my 8x30slc to not deal with it right now

The other issue is rust on the back of the harness, assuming it’s the metal the magnets stick to, hoping it doesn’t get worse, but there are rust stains outlining the metal rectangles on the back of the harness where it closes… never had that happen with my OV harness that had a magnetic closure…

The marsupial was my favorite harness yet, but that’s changed lately… none of my issues are a warranty issue, because I assume the problems I’m having would just happen again, so I’m not going that route, curious if others have experienced the same?

Now I’m wishing I would have gone with the newest version of the outdoor vision harness, my only complaint with the first gen was it being pretty bulky, but it’s been flawless

Why has nobody cracked the bino harness code?😂 seems like someone would have designed the perfect harness by now… maybe the gen 2 OV is the one

Archer32

FNG
Having a couple issues with my harness, curious if others have as well

First, it’s become pretty squeaky putting my binos back in the harness, which could be a problem archery hunting, relatively new issue… binos fit fine, they are NL pures (12x42) I switched to my 8x30slc to not deal with it right now

The other issue is rust on the back of the harness, assuming it’s the metal the magnets stick to, hoping it doesn’t get worse, but there are rust stains outlining the metal rectangles on the back of the harness where it closes… never had that happen with my OV harness that had a magnetic closure…

The marsupial was my favorite harness yet, but that’s changed lately… none of my issues are a warranty issue, because I assume the problems I’m having would just happen again, so I’m not going that route, curious if others have experienced the same?

Now I’m wishing I would have gone with the newest version of the outdoor vision harness, my only complaint with the first gen was it being pretty bulky, but it’s been flawless

Why has nobody cracked the bino harness code?😂 seems like someone would have designed the perfect harness by now… maybe the gen 2 OV is the one
I’ve had the noise issues as well. The stock buckles on the top of the harness near the lid squeaked like crazy. They sent me out a new buckle kit and it squeaked just as bad as the first. MG wouldn’t warranty that but sent me a buckle delete kit after I paid shipping and handling. Not real happy with that solution as it is not user error I shouldn’t have had to pony up funds to fix an issue. However the buckle delete did remedy the harness noise the occurred while breathing/moving. Yes that thing made noises just from breathing with it on (not too tight). Super annoying. But the buckle delete should fix that for you.

My Swaro EL Range 10x42’s do make noise squeaking being taken in/out of the harness. The fix was a piece of Luko tape on the bottom of each barrel. Looks like crap but it works.

OP
roosiebull
I’ve had the noise issues as well. The stock buckles on the top of the harness near the lid squeaked like crazy. They sent me out a new buckle kit and it squeaked just as bad as the first. MG wouldn’t warranty that but sent me a buckle delete kit after I paid shipping and handling. Not real happy with that solution as it is not user error I shouldn’t have had to pony up funds to fix an issue. However the buckle delete did remedy the harness noise the occurred while breathing/moving. Yes that thing made noises just from breathing with it on (not too tight). Super annoying. But the buckle delete should fix that for you.

My Swaro EL Range 10x42’s do make noise squeaking being taken in/out of the harness. The fix was a piece of Luko tape on the bottom of each barrel. Looks like crap but it works.
I gave mine away and moved on, it was the easiest solution for me.

I know many love them, but it’s not the right choice for me. Have one I do like, and just got another that has potential to be a keeper, and there is another I want to try as well, though I need another bino harness like I need another broadhead, haha…

JStol5

WKR
If a Marsupial and a T&K had a baby, that would be my favorite harness. I picked up a T&K recently and love it.

fwafwow

WKR

I know this is old, but I’m in a stand and having this squeaky issue with my Marsupial and Swaros. Did you just put tape around the bottom circumference? It seems so obvious that I should have e thought of it, so I’m double checking.