Manners Stocks Order?

gbflyer

WKR
I am no doubt residing under a rock here.

I thought I placed an order with Manners on the website. All indications were that I would get an email confirmation. Almost a week and nothing. Emails unanswered. I don’t like to call and burn up time otherwise used for production, but I guess that’s next. I suppose it leads me to the question: Is Manners Stocks open for business?

Lawnboi

WKR
I’d call.

In general, people in the firearms industry and timely emails don’t go hand in hand.

Every stock Iv ordered and any work Iv done through manners has been via phone.

The process goes, you order a stock to your spec, confirm the build sheet once they create it via email, and wait to get an email saying it’s a few weeks out and to call for payment.

slowelk

WKR
Manners is great over the phone. Just ordered a stock over the phone yesterday.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
Spoke to a young man on the phone. Very polite. He wasn’t able to take my order. No return phone call from “sales staff” yet. They must be really swamped. Man I want that EH8!

Spoke to a young man on the phone. Very polite. He wasn’t able to take my order. No return phone call from “sales staff” yet. They must be really swamped. Man I want that EH8!
I love my EH8+, worth trying again IMHO.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
To close this out, I had to call again. So that’s a web order that didn’t go through, an unanswered email, and an unreturned message. I did get someone who could help me on my second call. Helpful, professional, and informative.

As it turns out, one has to put pillars in before the rifle is ever fired. They don’t install them. The EH8 is no longer available even though it is listed on the website. It is now a EH8+ which is heavier with a wider forearm. The replacement for the EH8 is some new model I don’t remember the number of that doesn’t come in left hand. I never got to the “how long do I have to wait” part, I got all I needed and politely parted with the call.

I just ordered my 2nd McMillan Hunters Edge. I had an email back in 15 minutes with a fillable order form, and a call for payment about 5 minutes after I pushed send. My stock is 3 months out.

This is my second failure at Manners. The first time they told me to get a gunsmith because they didn’t know how to inlet a Borden which is another Remclone footprint. Haha. I’m sure they make good stuff, everyone raves about them. I guess for me it’s just not meant to be. Certainly not discounting their products.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv had awesome service from mcmillan as well. Good to have options.

I’d buy more mcmillan if the ergonomics were anything like manners. And I’m a mini chassis fan.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
My March 17 order from McMillan ships tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk