Manitoba guided bear hunt for older person

My dad has always dreamed of a bear hunt and just found out he has cancer yesterday. I don’t have a ton of money to spend and I doubt he does either but I am curious if anyone has had any good luck with a guide in southern Manitoba for black bears that is on the cheaper side. He cant walk very far but depending on the place, seems like that would be ok as a lot of them are able to drive basically to the bait site. Neither of us have ever hired a guide and I know they can be hit or miss so looking for opinions on a good one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
I would say most guided bear hunts are "easy" on the bod. I've been on a few. Average cost probably $3,000. With tag included and meals.
On a few hunts the quad ride to and from stand could be tough for him? Some an hour or so ride.

OP
S
I would say most guided bear hunts are "easy" on the bod. I've been on a few. Average cost probably $3,000. With tag included and meals.
On a few hunts the quad ride to and from stand could be tough for him? Some an hour or so ride.

He could probably do an hour ride. He still likes to ride around some so he may get a kick out of that. Probably not much longer. I have reached out to a few places and they were $4500ish which was a bit more than I was hoping. $3000 was a lot more doable but haven’t seen that yet. Also I do know how it is with the “you get what you pay for too”. Would absolutely hate a bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that's probably more like it price wise. You could probably find a "cheap" hunt in Ontario. Which I would Stat away from. Manitoba is awesome for bears. Hunted Grey Owl a few times but the drive is killer. Literally end of road out of Lynn Lake.
Hunting with Stickflingers out of Birch River 1st of June. But they are always booked solid. Bow only. They do have an all weapons camp, which they started a couple years ago.