Man cave set up advice

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I just got done finishing the basement and built a small room for all my hunting and shooting gear (my man cave). I want to put in a corner bench unit to put a bow press and reloading press on. Any recommendations for a corner unit? Also how does everyone mount their presses to be able to remove them after they are done working do free the bench space back up? Thanks for any tips on what to do with the space. Pics below for reference.
bc87d7cf204d8e7985d292c9c7060d93.jpg
1fb26da286c46d915b9daa12d3369194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually welded up a wheeled pedastal to mount my reloading press on. I can move it around. Needs a little weight added to the back when resizing, but if just neck sizing or seating bullets works as is. Makes it easy to put out of the way when not in use, and I use a small table to put all the other stuff on and it's not getting messed with by moving a press up and down.

My bow press is a bow time machine, can be mounted in both horizontal and upright positions. Has a simple bracket that you mount, and it can go either way or be removed.

fatlander

WKR
1977b770831d61cb90568156ffb194c2.jpg

I got a cheap shop bench from harbor freight about 5 years or so ago. The bench has served me well. This isn’t the best picture but I have it in a corner. My press crank hangs over the end closest to the corner and I leave just enough room to get my arm in there.

I’ll post better pictures when I get home. I’ve been very happy with the bench. It’s worked very well and I think it was only around 65 or 70 bucks.

hawk45

FNG
I took my neighbors old bathroom cabinet, put a plywood base on it and 4 locking swivel wheels from Harbor Freight. Then mounted my press, vice and draw board. When I'm not using it I wheel it into the corner and lock the wheels. When I need it, I unlock and pull it out and re-lock. Gives me options over a fixed station. It's stable as a freestanding corner bench. The cabinet also provides storage for all the other stuff that goes along with my bows. Added a few PVC tubes to hold arrows also.

fatlander

WKR
Sorry about the delay and the mess. I feel like half the crap I’m hauling to the mountains in September is laying on top of that bench right now, but this is a better representation of the harbor freight bench.

In a perfect world I’d have a garage that’s big enough for a custom made work bench so I could have everything from press to arrow saw together, but this does the trick for now.

f88ae1b508b5bc327d65c40eed31234b.jpg

Benches are too personal for me to comment but I would advise a motion activated light switch...I am always walking into my shop with something in my hands to monkey with and its great when the light comes on automatically.