Magview vs ollin

I don’t love the need to have the specific Ollin case on the phone, but like the way it automatically centers the lens. Those that use the Magview, how much of a PITA is it when going on and off the adapter and finding the center again?

Any other pros and cons between the two that y’all have feedback on from using both?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It is a skill set to align it. I'd say 50% of the time, I have to try a 2nd time. Other than that, I love my MV system for use across multiple optics and that it is always on my phone case, unnoticed.

But Ollin definitely wins the indexing game

West18

FNG
I don't find the centering of the magview to be much of an issue. The magview app has a dot in the middle of the screen that you can align with your optic as you attach it. I would guess 8 out of 10 times I get it first try. The other 2 out of 10 times takes another second or two of sliding the phone and its locked in.

Following. I just ordered a new phone and will be switching from Phoneskope to one of these. I'm leaning Ollin because that's what my buddy's use.

Atao

FNG
I really like the MV, like West said above its pretty easy to align after you use it a few times.

Tired both, sold the Ollin and kept the MagView and here's why
-$175 for Ollin and then another $40 every time you change phone models
-Ollin phone case too bulky & uncomfortable to keep on 24/7/365 and I'm not dealing with changing phones cases throughout the year
- MagView system is on Guidefitter for a severely discounted price
-Plate that goes on your phone for MagView will go undetected all year so your always ready to attach phone to spotter without looking for that dumb case
-Ollin is %100 easier for indexing but after using the MagView for a couple hunts it becomes 2nd nature

Jon_G

WKR
My next one will be an Ollin. I don't mind switching cases when I'm going to use it. I had the MV and hated it so much haha. I guess we all have different opinions

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshshot