Magview & Smaller Spotters

jhoff04

FNG
I just got my Vortex Razor HD 13x39 spotter (aka the mini razor). I was disappointed to find that my magview S1 was not compatible with the smaller eyepiece. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other products to use besides Magview? From my research, nothing really stacks up to the magview set up. Thanks for the insight!

I emailed Magview about the same problem and they informed me that they are releasing smaller sized models...they said they should be available early summer.

OP
jhoff04

jhoff04

FNG
I emailed Magview about the same problem and they informed me that they are releasing smaller sized models...they said they should be available early summer.
Thanks for the heads up! I found another thread discussing the On Glass system. Sounds like they're a new company but it definitely looks like a solid set up for almost half the price. They have a wide range of adapter rings so you can fit binos and spotting scopes. Might be worth checking out if you haven't heard of them: https://onglassadapter.com/

SkeeterMcgiblet

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an older mini Razor and ended up stacking all the spacers to make it work, obviously a little janky but no issues so far on a few hunts

TravisIN

WKR
I emailed them and told them to make some b1 s for slcs. Hoping that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
i have a bigger razor and the tasting eye piece is a pain in the ass on it. drives me crazy glassing through it

TheAri

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the S1 mini in from Magview and it works for the mini razor

6scar9

FNG
I just got my Vortex Razor HD 13x39 spotter (aka the mini razor). I was disappointed to find that my magview S1 was not compatible with the smaller eyepiece. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other products to use besides Magview? From my research, nothing really stacks up to the magview set up. Thanks for the insight!
How do you like the new mini razor?

OP
jhoff04

jhoff04

FNG
How do you like the new mini razor?
I like it! Kind of wondering if I should've went with the angled instead of straight, though. I bought a shorter/ lightweight tripod so standing while glassing won't be an option. I haven't really had it in the field yet as there is not a ton of opportunity for me where I live until I go out west this fall. I am excited about being able to throw it in my pack and not worry about the size/ weight too much.

6scar9

FNG
Thanks, that was my mindset. I keep hearing positive reviews which isn’t typical with Vortex products.
I like it! Kind of wondering if I should've went with the angled instead of straight, though. I bought a shorter/ lightweight tripod so standing while glassing won't be an option. I haven't really had it in the field yet as there is not a ton of opportunity for me where I live until I go out west this fall. I am excited about being able to throw it in my pack and not worry about the size/ weight too much.

MAXLWIE

FNG
Magview just released an S1 mini btw! That should fit the smaller spotters. I saw it available on Guidefitter the other day.

TravisIN

WKR
75d0e4e31e9370db82f0ba3693379055.jpg

I got the magview on my 56 razor. Also a nice thing about the small spotter is that you can use scope caps for the object lens cover. Now both my lens covers are always attached and easy on and off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I messaged MagView to ask about the Kowa 553, and their response was they don't know which one if any will work. They contacted Kowa to ask about eye piece diameter and did not receive a response. LOL.

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I messaged MagView to ask about the Kowa 553, and their response was they don't know which one if any will work. They contacted Kowa to ask about eye piece diameter and did not receive a response. LOL.
I've been using the S1 (regular, not the mini) on my Kowa 553.

Shayman

FNG
Just ordered the S1 mini to try on my Kowa 553. Hoping to get it by this weekend to test it out.