Magview & Smaller Spotters

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I messaged MagView to ask about the Kowa 553, and their response was they don't know which one if any will work. They contacted Kowa to ask about eye piece diameter and did not receive a response. LOL.

I messaged Ollin about it a few months ago and here was their response:

We don’t currently have an adapter made specifically for your model. But, for our purposes, the biggest difference among scopes is the eyepiece diameter. I've had a few others reach out about the 553 / 554 and they've given me measurements between 50mm - 50.5mm. The closest size adapter we currently carry is the Zeiss Harpia adapter at 50.85mm. Other customers have reported that electrical tape along the inside of the adapter works great to make it snug if it fits a little loose. If you want to give it a try and it doesn't work out, contact me here and I can help with a return and full refund :)

Alternatively, we do have the Kowa Big Eyes adapter in the works and it's looking like it'll be around 50.5mm. But it likely won't be available until at least late Fall. We are getting more and more inquiries about that 50+mm size, so that size is definitely on our radar!! We are actively working hard to expand our offerings.

I messaged Ollin about it a few months ago and here was their response:

We don’t currently have an adapter made specifically for your model. But, for our purposes, the biggest difference among scopes is the eyepiece diameter. I've had a few others reach out about the 553 / 554 and they've given me measurements between 50mm - 50.5mm. The closest size adapter we currently carry is the Zeiss Harpia adapter at 50.85mm. Other customers have reported that electrical tape along the inside of the adapter works great to make it snug if it fits a little loose. If you want to give it a try and it doesn't work out, contact me here and I can help with a return and full refund :)

Alternatively, we do have the Kowa Big Eyes adapter in the works and it's looking like it'll be around 50.5mm. But it likely won't be available until at least late Fall. We are getting more and more inquiries about that 50+mm size, so that size is definitely on our radar!! We are actively working hard to expand our offerings.

That is similarly hilarious.

There have got to be about 20 times more Kowa 553's/4's floating around than Big Eyes. It has been the gold standard for mountain hunting since before MagView or Ollin were a thing.

Well I did figure out my regular MagView works on my Kowa 553 if put a rubber band on the eye piece and then use two of the spacer rings and crank down on the screw most/all of the way.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. I ended up with the Scopecam adapter for my 554 after sending back the Ollin. It's okay but still on the lookout for something better..