MagView magnetic iphone cases that don’t require MagView magnet plate

PLO5

WKR
I just got a MagView and set it up. I do not like the magnet being on My phone case preventing wireless charging etc. Has anyone found a case that has a magnet in it already that is strong enough to use for the MagView without using the magnetic plate? I read a review on gohunt that a customer did and he said he used a rokform iPhone case and didn’t use the MagView magnet.
Tia

pirogue

WKR
so you’re saying a magnet is more permanently, than easily removable, part of the iPhone case? Does that mean the ring that fastens around the binoculars is magnetic? That’s not ergonomically friendly with glassing on a tripod, if the binos have to be locked in, so they don’t tilt to the heavy side. But back to the magnet on the case. Didn’t the designer know that new vehicles come with a phone charger bay that doesn’t like magnets?

pirogue

WKR
The magnet is not on the phone, it is just a steel plate that goes on your phone. The magnet is located on the eye piece.
Thanks, but is the steel plate super easy to remove, before you lay your phone in the wireless charger?

pirogue

WKR
So then, you can’t charge your phone wirelessly in todays modern vehicles, with this outdated design?

pirogue

WKR
So then, you can’t charge your phone wirelessly in todays modern vehicles, with this outdated design?
Or if I understand you right, and you want to use your vehicles wireless charger, which you paid for in today’s high tech world, you rip off the plate and would have to glue it back on, every time you want to scope? Archaic!

pirogue

WKR
Anyone know if the Ollin system is less cumbersome, more user friendly?

pirogue

WKR
Are any of you users using the Outdoorsman stud, or any other center support for the binos? And does the magnet only fit on one eyecup? If so, seems like the weight of the magnet will tilt the binos, and be a PIA.

krohboy

WKR
Are any of you users using the Outdoorsman stud, or any other center support for the binos? And does the magnet only fit on one eyecup? If so, seems like the weight of the magnet will tilt the binos, and be a PIA.
The part that goes on the eyecup has different spacers for different eyecups.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with weight. It doesn't tilt anything and the adapter works fantastic. In my opinion it is by far the best solution out there. If wireless charging is that big of a deal to you then it wont work unless you use two take it out of the case. I feel like for most that is not a big problem.

I have one case for everyday life and a second case I use with the plate while hunting. Really no different then if you would use a phone skope case but much more streamlined.

pirogue

WKR
The part that goes on the eyecup has different spacers for different eyecups.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with weight. It doesn't tilt anything and the adapter works fantastic. In my opinion it is by far the best solution out there. If wireless charging is that big of a deal to you then it wont work unless you use two take it out of the case. I feel like for most that is not a big problem.

I have one case for everyday life and a second case I use with the plate while hunting. Really no different then if you would use a phone skope case but much more streamlined.
My binos mount to a stud on tripod. This lets them balance(for slight facial pressure to scan). If any attachment, weighing as little as less than an ounce, is only attached to one eyecup, it will drop the binos to that side, then you would have to hold the binos level to scan. Sounds like this will only work on a rigid, cradle type bino holder.

Grundy53

WKR
My binos mount to a stud on tripod. This lets them balance(for slight facial pressure to scan). If any attachment, weighing as little as less than an ounce, is only attached to one eyecup, it will drop the binos to that side, then you would have to hold the binos level to scan. Sounds like this will only work on a rigid, cradle type bino holder.
Or a spotting scope

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

krohboy

WKR

I don’t know man I have mine on the exact type of a mount and don’t have that issue nor does many others. I feel like your making an issue that doesn’t really exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
I don’t know man I have mine on the exact type of a mount and don’t have that issue nor does many others. I feel like your making an issue that doesn’t really exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I’ve just been trying to find out, and you are the first one that says that there is not enough weight, on the one side of binos with the Magnet and spacer, to tilt the binoculars if they are on an Outdoorsman stud.

sndmn11

WKR
I have used the bino system with both Outdoorsman's and Kramer adapters and there is no balance issue with either. I also have the spotting scope adapter.

The Magview design exceeds my expectations in speed, view, stability, and adaptability. I can't find anything to ask for improvement on.

trolson90

FNG
I have the MagView and this would be my only complaint though admittedly it is a very small complaint since I don't typically use a wireless charger in the field and I'm ok switching cases since I was already doing that for the PhoneSkope. I looked at Ollin but to me it embodied the part I hated most about the PhoneSkope and that was the bulky case required, though it is more streamlined.

However, I did find cases from MagBak. I haven't tried them yet, but they are magnet cases that are wireless charging compatible. My only hesitation to buy one is that the magnets are in the case and the way I understand the the Magview system to work is the magnet is in the eyepiece adapter and what you stick on the case is just a metal square (which is what hinders wireless charging). Is that correct? They do have a good return policy so maybe I'll just buy one and try it.

CorbLand

WKR
Well, I’ve just been trying to find out, and you are the first one that says that there is not enough weight, on the one side of binos with the Magnet and spacer, to tilt the binoculars if they are on an Outdoorsman stud.
I haven’t used it a ton with the outdoorsman stud but I will keep you updated.

Initial thoughts/observations is that the magnet ring is not on the side that you take the picture through. The phone sits pretty centered on the binos and balances the weight out.