Magazine Ads

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
While turkey hunting this weekend my friends and I stated talking about magazine ads and how many people pay attention to them. I know I usually click the banner ads on websites because it's instantaneous, but you don't get that with magazines.

So do you guys pay attention to the ads, or do you brush through them?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll be honest, I have quit subscribing because the vast majority of what I want to find out is done in places like this. When I thumb through them on the rack at Hastings I don't look at the ads at all either.

I will click on them here, or other hunting sites I frequent though.

JG358

WKR
I don't pay any attention to advertisements in magazines. I tend to ignore banner ads on websites as well but every now end then one draws me in.

Last edited:

7mag.

WKR
I pretty much ignore all ads, except on this site, because it is all quality gear, that I want or need. So far it seems that you guys only advertise gear that you would use, so that makes me a potential customer.

dotman

WKR
I don't pay any attention to advertisements in magazines. Intend to ignore banner ads on websites as well but every now end then one draws me in.

X2....... seldom look at the banners or mag ads, if there is a piece of gear discussed i'll research but hardly ever go to the mfg website.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
I'm so numb to banner adds. Take for example the 1st Lite on at the bottom of this page. I don't even notice it down there. I don't know if I've even clicked a banner add.

Adds in mags I see particularly if it's an add for a new product. Example would be the new Crispi boot add I was looking at in my last issue of EBJ just this morning while eating my cereal for breakfast.

cmeier117

WKR
Don't look at them. I can get all my info on the internet. Occasionally I will look if something catches my eye or something I have never heard of or seen. But that is rare.

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
I hardly buy something from a mag add. But if it had naked chicks I would atleast take a notice to it.

I may be a exception but I notice the ads in magazines. I take a mental note and remember to check them out once i am on or around a computer. I usually read magazines over and over again so therefore see the advertisements over and over.

I will skim a magazine ad to see if it visually looks "cool", but rarely do any follow up on them. I don't think I have ever clicked on a banner ad...honestly didn't even know this site had them. Blissfully ignorant I guess.

Hoytnut

FNG
I will pay attention if the ad looks interesting, but I can't remember the last time I purchased something due to what I saw in an ad.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very seldom pay attention to ads. If I have interest in something I will research it, otherwise I get most of my "oh I should look into xxx" from threads on here....

littlebuf

Banned
I hardly buy something from a mag add. But if it had naked chicks I would atleast take a notice to it.

this.i think the only ads i pay attention to in hunting mags are those lee and Tiffany adds.i have no idea who lee is or what they sell even though ive stared intently at those adds. dont know if thats good marketing or not but boy does tiff get my attention

Curtis C

WKR
this.i think the only ads i pay attention to in hunting mags are those lee and Tiffany adds.i have no idea who lee is or what they sell even though ive stared intently at those adds. dont know if thats good marketing or not but boy does tiff get my attention

There's a dude in those adds?:confused:

Well said my Euro bretheren. Just give this puritanical society a little more time and we'll be just like Europe. By the way, have you seen Benelli's new commercial with the Duck Commander . . . Now were cooking with peanut oil indeed. A sign of things to come.