Made my Hatch.....more betta

Nice! Any milling required? Parts list? You have addressed one of my major complaints with the hatch.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I was able to locate a 1/4-20 × 3/4" bolt through the rear bolt hole on the hatch. The base of the plate is bedded to the bipod providing mechanical lock. Once it set, I pulled the bolt and locktited it for good measure.

They are selling bipods now ready to attach arca clamps such as the rrs or area 419. I’m doing the same thing.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Not worried about the clamp trying to loosen the bolt?

It's too bad they can't make all of their bipods Arms 17 compatible.

I just ordered and received the arms 17 compatible hatch. Mounted up the magpul grabber that fits pic or ARCA. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine rigged up today. I think it’s a winner, no more slop in that pic rail!

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 18

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Unrelated to OP's fix, but related to the topic of improving Hatches:
I replaced the polymer washer between leg and body of the bipod. Copper washer is less mushy, which takes a little wobble out of the legs

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpeg
    IMG_0514.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0513.jpeg
    IMG_0513.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 14
Unrelated to OP's fix, but related to the topic of improving Hatches:
I replaced the polymer washer between leg and body of the bipod. Copper washer is less mushy, which takes a little wobble out of the legs

Cheers

Great idea. I just got mine and had only played with it in the house before I took it to a 2 day NRL hunter match. It worked well but I did have to tighten the tilt many times between stages.

I still find it a bit awkward to collapse the legs from full extension and small adjustments just aren’t happening from behind the gun after the legs are deployed. I have figured out how the leg locks work and am now able to rely it quickly to any height I want while still primarily utilizing the thicker upper legs.

The other nit to pick is that with the legs wide, there is very little cant available. On uneven ground prone shots I had to get a little higher than I would have liked to get the gun leveled. Is this an issue on the pic rail models or only the arms 17 with ARCA?

Over all I like it and it save a lot of weight and money over an MDT triple pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t been able to shoot off mine yet with the new head, so I can’t say. But I never felt limited with the cant on the pic head. I just didn’t like the slop it had with the pic rail, and it seemed like it never was smooth sliding onto it. I even had the hatch pic rail. I too am tempted to try the mdt triple pull but can’t justify the cost at this moment.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
The head I installed won't change anything except the ease of in and out and it raises the height to the gun a bit in arca mode, pic mode is about the same.

I just shot a bit over a mile off the hood in arca mode with good results.