LW Hunting can - Resilient Jolene S / Otter Creek Hydrogen S?

awpk03s

FNG
Anyone with direct experience on these two cans? Looking for a light weight rifle can for hunting (my other can is a heavy ass Sandman S). Priority is low weight/size and maximum suppression (cake and eat it too, ha).

These seem to have impressive specs, not a great deal of content online about them from real users though.

wesfromky

WKR
Anyone with direct experience on these two cans? Looking for a light weight rifle can for hunting (my other can is a heavy ass Sandman S). Priority is low weight/size and maximum suppression (cake and eat it too, ha).

These seem to have impressive specs, not a great deal of content online about them from real users though.
I have a hydrogen S 6.5 and a L .30. Both seem to work really well to my ear. I have the S on a .223 and the L on a 6.5cm. I doubt you can go wrong with either, or with any number of other highly ranked Ti cans out there. So many good options.

ChrisAU

WKR
@Cameron.25 bring some wisdom in here!

I'm actually doing paperwork on a full size Jolene today. The Jolene S is one I'm trying to talk a buddy into for your specified use. The price is nice if you know who to ask. I'd suggest reaching out to @Zeroed_In_Jake if you decide you want one. I'd say the Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti also needs to be on your radar, but they are harder to find and more expensive.

OP
A

awpk03s

FNG
I forgot to note, planned hosts are bolt guns in 30-06, 308, 6.5CM.

Potential occasional use on semiautomatic gas guns in 5.56, 300BLK, 6.5CM - target or hunting, no mag dumps or anything.

I forgot to note, planned hosts are bolt guns in 30-06, 308, 6.5CM.

Potential occasional use on semiautomatic gas guns in 5.56, 300BLK, 6.5CM - target or hunting, no mag dumps or anything.
Either of the ones mentioned in the OP should be good if you don't mind the fixed 30 cal end caps. Scythe or enticer S might be worth considering too for you since you can get different sized end caps for max suppression on multiple calibers. I would say AB raptor but since you cant buy separate different sized caps for them anymore they arent as versatile of a choice these days, unless you were to get more than one and ordered different end caps for each

For gas guns a flow through style would be best IMO. It seems like several people get good enough performance out of the traditional baffle stack cans tho, so not sure if it's worth getting one for just occasional use

OP
A

awpk03s

FNG
I’m okay with the fixed 30 cal end caps. Don’t really swap those around much on sandman or primal today, although I can see the benefit of that if you get a strike it would be easier to fix.

Typically use Sandman S on gas gun, so this new can theoretically should live on bolt guns, but you know, good to have options.

I’m okay with the fixed 30 cal end caps. Don’t really swap those around much on sandman or primal today, although I can see the benefit of that if you get a strike it would be easier to fix.

Typically use Sandman S on gas gun, so this new can theoretically should live on bolt guns, but you know, good to have options.
I'm mostly talking about getting max suppression by using an end cap that's closer to the diameter of the caliber you're shooting. It makes it a little quieter, I've never had a baffle strike but I guess it would make it easy to fix/replace if that did happen too.

I haven't shot any of OCL cans so I'm not sure how well the hydrogen S stacks up against the Jolene S. If i had to choose between those 2 I'd lean towards the OCL, they seem to be well liked by many. The Jolene is definitely a bit louder than the scythe and enticer S if that helps

OP
A

awpk03s

FNG
Man now I’m really waffling on this after looking at Enticer S-Ti and Enticer L-Ti…

Shit.

WKR
Ah, but is the L-Ti worth it for another 1.5” and 1.2 oz?? I just don’t know.
I have the STI and a nomad LT (similar to enticer LTI)

There's not a ton of suppression difference between them on 223/6mm. But the bigger the cartridge, the bigger the difference. On 7prc, it's very noticeable. In recoil as well.

The LT is really quiet. It's the can that makes people ooooh and ahhh at the range. But it is definitely bulkier if you care more about hunting. If I could only keep one, it would probably be the STI

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
I have the hydrogen s 30 and have been happy. Much longer then my k can but it's still very light. Seems to have a quieter sound then the resonator k as well.

WKR

WKR
Ah, but is the L-Ti worth it for another 1.5” and 1.2 oz?? I just don’t know.
I say yes,, It depends on what you plan on doing with it but the enticer Lti is by far my favorite can I own currently. I dont have an Sti but I have the scythe which is comparable and the Lti is noticeably quieter.
If short and compact is more important to you than sound then go with the S

I went back and forth between the sti and lti and decided on the L. But I also have two other short hunting cans so the decision was easy.

For a hunting rifle, the L-TI is a bit long for my liking and the S is perfect length to performance ratio for me. The L sounds awesome and is pretty dang light for its size though. Diligent defense cans are a good value like the resilient cans but I think the performance and removable end caps gives the enticer's an edge over the jolene's in my mind

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Scythe or enticer S might be worth considering too for you since you can get different sized end caps for max suppression on multiple calibers.
I wouldn’t hang your hat on this unless you order the other end caps right away, all it takes is the ATF sending them notice (like with AB) and that gets shut down.

No idea if a 3rd party can still make replacements though if that were to happen, IE can a 3rd party machine an AB cap, if the market supported it?

I wouldn’t hang your hat on this unless you order the other end caps right away, all it takes is the ATF sending them notice (like with AB) and that gets shut down.

No idea if a 3rd party can still make replacements though if that were to happen, IE can a 3rd party machine an AB cap, if the market supported it?
This is a good point. It makes sense that this could happen.

They did more than a notice, they legit got raided. My understanding was that marketing and selling different sized reflex mounts as accessories are what was the main driver behind it. The end caps just got grouped in too i believe, don't know if they specifically came after them for that also