Luxe Tents 50% sale. Should I?

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at SO tents here lately and have almost bought a few. I almost had one bought but seems the communication with the seller fell off and so I'm still in the shopping mode for my backcountry hunt sept. Luxe is having 50% right now. I see mixed reviews. I can get a mini xl with stove jack and liner for like less than 500$. Should I jump on this?

Rooster46

FNG
I've been looking at SO tents here lately and have almost bought a few. I almost had one bought but seems the communication with the seller fell off and so I'm still in the shopping mode for my backcountry hunt sept. Luxe is having 50% right now. I see mixed reviews. I can get a mini xl with stove jack and liner for like less than 500$. Should I jump on this?
1655912745978.jpeg
Have used them. Very serviceable but be careful with them. They are easy to puncture/tear and sparks/ash burns through them with ease. With knowing those few things I think you can have a great setup…just be careful with them. I bought the tallest stove pipe they offer for reference and this is the mega horn 8 xl.

Spoonman

WKR
They are hit or miss. The first one I ordered came in just a couple days and worked well. The second one I ordered never showed up and I’ve been dealing with it for over two months now and the customer service is sub par at best. If I could do it all over again I’d buy from a reputable company that had a good following.

I ordered an octopeak. Pricing is great just know that you will not have any support and shipping can take forever. I'm sure the tent isn't a SO or anything spectacular but it set up great last weekend when I tested it out with the kids in the yard. I haven't set the stove up yet. Need to get that initial setup and burn done.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I wouldn't. Been close to 3 months of waiting for a stove that was supposed to ship within 3-5 days. Virtually no communication from them and working on getting a refund has been agonizing (from both paypal and luxe). The company has always been a little rough as far as customer service in the past, but in the last 6-12 months they have turned it up a notch. Frankly, I think they are going out of business and trying to con as many people as possible on their way out, but that's just an opinion. Spend your money elsewhere, or be ready for a mess.

GoBig

FNG
I have one, no issues with it at all. Customer service was good, set up is easy and has held up well in heavy snow and windy conditions.

OP
___DAN___

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, no issues with it at all. Customer service was good, set up is easy and has held up well in heavy snow and windy conditions.
Thank you for the email and for checking out our gear. Everything is clearly stated on our website, and in our cart checkout.

This is how they responded to my email about shipping dates. No Thank you.

OP
___DAN___

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
You can not return a holiday deal offer. Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale or clearance items cannot be refunded (once received).

That last part, What a joke. Straight from their website. Don't their sales run 365 lol?

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
You can not return a holiday deal offer. Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale or clearance items cannot be refunded (once received).

That last part, What a joke. Straight from their website. Don't their sales run 365 lol?
I started to bite on some of their gear too until I read a lot of the reviews on multiple posts on here. I’d rather spend the money on a reputable company than deal with the possible headaches. Still a lot of money on a stove and tent that may or may not be here before hunting season.

Pro953

WKR
If you want a cheap teepee to play with, I guess it’s fine. I bought one years ago and I still take it on some short family backpack trips.

That said I would never depend on it during a longer hunt with weather/wind or other concerns. The center pole broke on my first trip and a couple of seams are pulling.

When the pole broke on the first trip, I was essentially told “sorry” with no offer of solution, repair or replace. Even if I was willing to pay.

Too many good reputable company’s to risk a substantial trip on these tents. If it was not such an essential piece of gear then maybe I would accept the cheap knockoff as a “deal” but with a shelter, I just do not think the risk/reward is worth it. 90% of the time you will be fine, but when weather hits or something breaks and your shelter fails, your tag you waited years to draw may be in jeopardy.

Spend the extra money and buy a used or new shelter of reputation. Save the money elsewhere! Boots, pack, sleep system, are not the places to skimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk