Lumbar pad foam

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I am toying with this now. I’m placing it behind the stock lumbar foam on my K4 to try and get more pressure towards the top of the lumbar pad. If that’s where you’re putting it then I would think that density is less important since their stuff is what will be against your back? I just ordered some 1/8” inch high density foam off Amazon. I’m going to mess with a few different shapes and thicknesses. Stone Glacier includes a rectangle piece of added foam in their lumbar pads that you can move around to your liking, and Exo has a shim system for their K3. So seems like a fairly common thing.
Have you had any breakthroughs here? I'm have a pack slippage problem and am looking to get some remedies.

Have you had any breakthroughs here? I'm have a pack slippage problem and am looking to get some remedies.

Unfortunately I have been out of the game with some back issues (ironic) that have prevented me from testing this extensively. I did do one ~3 mile hike with it with around 40 lbs in the pack before things got bad, and it felt really good. Some of my lower back issues are due to poor posture, though, so once I'm back healthy I may end up tinkering with this a little more and may not require the lumbar pressure I was going for previously.