LRI?

Sled

WKR
What's up with LRI lately? Yesterday their barrel threading said $75 on the main page and $100 after clicking on the tab. Now it's $125 after clicking on the tab. Did inflation get to them recently?

Anybody else worth checking out that does quality threads and cerakote?

Sent in a bolt to get one of their threaded knobs installed and cerakoted took over 2 months,
sent in a whole action and barrel pretty much to get trued blueprinted barrel installed the works basically, they received and 1st step was completed about a month ago and no movement, my guess is there so busy they probably said screw it raise prices and hopefully things settle

What's up with LRI lately? Yesterday their barrel threading said $75 on the main page and $100 after clicking on the tab. Now it's $125 after clicking on the tab. Did inflation get to them recently?

Anybody else worth checking out that does quality threads and cerakote?
I think McGowen barrels will thread and cerakote, their cerakote on a barrel I got from them was top notch

I think McGowen barrels will thread and cerakote, their cerakote on a barrel I got from them was top notch

I appreciate your feedback but Dan and I don't see eye to eye. He sent me two barrels with great cerakote and horrible threads. Neither the tenon nor muzzle threads would thread on the action/suppressor. I've seen better threads on galvanized water pipe.

I appreciate your feedback but Dan and I don't see eye to eye. He sent me two barrels with great cerakote and horrible threads. Neither the tenon nor muzzle threads would thread on the action/suppressor. I've seen better threads on galvanized water pipe.
Lol, Maybe Shaw barrels then?

I bought my 2500 series pickup in 2020. It cost me $60.00 to fill it up that summer. Now, it's over $130 and I've seen it as high as $160.00.

A 1/2" carbide endmill used to cost me around $35.00. Today that same tool is north of $60 bucks.

Rising tides float all the boats gents.

As for lags:

Growth is painful. Especially big moves. in 2022 I put more machines on the floor and purchased the entire property we've been in for the last 14 years. The expansion tripled our square footage, which was something desperately needed. I had to hustle on that to avoid taking a bath on the interest rate hikes.

It caused delays. Thankfully, we're past it and moving forward again.

All the best,

C.

Don’t know the LRI folks, do know they have a great reputation of doing professional work and getting it done in a reasonable time frame.

I have extensive metal fab experience. Not a lot on the machining end, just enough to know what I don’t know. I can say without a doubt that gunsmiths work at a fraction of what is competitive across the machining trade. Go check out the shop rate at a machine shop, if you can find one. When I have to send an equipment part to a machine shop, seems like I never get out for less than a grand. Don’t care what it is. We should be happy that folks like Chad are willing to stick with it. He could easily convert his spread to doing aerospace or off - road/automotive/medical, etc. machining and leave another hole in the firearms world. I liked to send stuff to ROBAR as an example. Not anymore, they’re still there (last I knew) just doing things that pay.

$125 for a barrel thread job? I don’t know how long it takes them, I do know how long it takes me. If it’s faster than an hour, it’s because of the investment in experience and equipment we’d be paying for. If it’s more than an hour, he’s losing money on labor and I hope folks spring for other work while you’re in the shop.

Don’t know the LRI folks, do know they have a great reputation of doing professional work and getting it done in a reasonable time frame.

I have extensive metal fab experience. Not a lot on the machining end, just enough to know what I don’t know. I can say without a doubt that gunsmiths work at a fraction of what is competitive across the machining trade. Go check out the shop rate at a machine shop, if you can find one. When I have to send an equipment part to a machine shop, seems like I never get out for less than a grand. Don’t care what it is. We should be happy that folks like Chad are willing to stick with it. He could easily convert his spread to doing aerospace or off - road/automotive/medical, etc. machining and leave another hole in the firearms world. I liked to send stuff to ROBAR as an example. Not anymore, they’re still there (last I knew) just doing things that pay.

$125 for a barrel thread job? I don’t know how long it takes them, I do know how long it takes me. If it’s faster than an hour, it’s because of the investment in experience and equipment we’d be paying for. If it’s more than an hour, he’s losing money on labor and I hope folks spring for other work while you’re in the shop.

Thank you.

I haven't used them yet but I've thought about using that crazy type X (?) Fluting pattern on a light palm criterion barrel I have to reduce weight. Not sure I should put that $400 into the Salvage project platform tho. I think the $400 is ok price for the work tho. Just I may be better off getting a Tikka and building another light 22 Creedmoor.

I sent a Tikka bolt in last year and it was about a month turn around for flute and Cerakoted. I sent another in this Dec and got it back in February , still not a bad turn around. The work they performed on both is very good

Any one had anything complete from them
Lately? Been getting the run around since January 15th on my project they received in October? I can’t seem to get ahold of anyone that actually can give me a straight answer?

Any one had anything complete from them
Lately? Been getting the run around since January 15th on my project they received in October? I can’t seem to get ahold of anyone that actually can give me a straight answer?

Why not ask @LRI_Chad

Everybody seems busy currently. I'm at nearly 4 months on a barrel quoted at 8 weeks. I hope you get your work done soon. For me, done right is more important even if it takes double the time. What is your project they're working on for you?

Why not ask @LRI_Chad

Everybody seems busy currently. I'm at nearly 4 months on a barrel quoted at 8 weeks. I hope you get your work done soon. For me, done right is more important even if it takes double the time. What is your project they're working on for you?
I did ask havent got a response from him.
I know they are busy, had bad weather, and at shot show. The timing isn’t an issue.
My problem stems from people in the shop saying one thing then back tracking, then a month goes by ask for an update, and I get the same story in reverse.
Work done = Action trued, barrel installed and chambered, muzzle break timed, bolt fluted, tac knob installed, cerakote: action, non carbon part of barrel, and scope base.

I haven't used them yet but I've thought about using that crazy type X (?) Fluting pattern on a light palm criterion barrel I have to reduce weight. Not sure I should put that $400 into the Salvage project platform tho. I think the $400 is ok price for the work tho. Just I may be better off getting a Tikka and building another light 22 Creedmoor.

$400 in just fluting work on a barrel for a Savage? To each their own but that's a whole case of lipstick on a pig IMO. Seems crazy when $400 could just buy you a barrel in a contour that meets your weight objective.

Back