LRHS2 back in stock

TheCougar

WKR
Oh man… I’m really thinking about this. Is there any other scope that can hang with those specs? I have the original 4.5-18 LRHS and the 3-12 and I love them both.

OP
B

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
The lhrs2 has better glass. Not that it matters if it doesn't hold zero. I have my doubts, can @Formidilosus test it? I'll send mine to you to test.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
The lhrs2 has better glass. Not that it matters if it doesn't hold zero. I have my doubts, can @Formidilosus test it? I'll send mine to you to test.

He's stated before they are GTG. Going off memory believe it was said a few have some fogging issues. No other issues that I can remember.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Contact @Ryan Avery to get info how to send a scope to be evaluated if you want.

The original LRHS’s did pretty well usually in use, I haven’t use the LRHS2’s enough to say.

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Contact @Ryan Avery to get info how to send a scope to be evaluated if you want.

The original LRHS’s did pretty well usually in use, I haven’t use the LRHS2’s enough to say.
Is there any notable changes in construction to give pause on the lrhs2. You may not know the answer to that🤷

sndmn11

WKR

Would this work?

OP
B

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
Would this work?
That is helpful, thanks. I get from that thread doing the test, or a version of it, for yourself and your gun is really beneficial. I thought that lrts did quite well considering the repeated drops on frozen ground it was subject to, but the shv did appear to fair slightly better.

Out of curiosity, if a scope fails a test and you're confident it's not the rifle is it standard practice to send it in for warranty work and explain what happened?

sndmn11

WKR
That is helpful, thanks. I get from that thread doing the test, or a version of it, for yourself and your gun is really beneficial. I thought that lrts did quite well considering the repeated drops on frozen ground it was subject to, but the shv did appear to fair slightly better.

Out of curiosity, if a scope fails a test and you're confident it's not the rifle is it standard practice to send it in for warranty work and explain what happened?

I don't know what @Ryan Avery does with his for certain, but I believe he sends them in and is up front about what occured.

An Athlon I tested was sent in by the owner and I believe he said what testing was done. That one was also a bent type or broken eye piece.

The Maven I tested never went back. It has gone from a 22BR to a 300wsm to a 22lr T1x and never done anything weird. It has intentionally been used the most of the many scope's I have. It might go on a 300wsm to hunt elk with this year, and they sent me another that will might go on a 6.5prc to hunt deer.
The person who will hunt with these rifles likes the Maven scopes, and isn't a shooter last 300 yds, so I'm ok with trying.

The scope on my rifle is the same SHV that was tested below. I did drop that rifle on the scope hunting this fall when I was fiddling with a new rifle carrier in my pack and thinking my wife had a hold of the rifle I unlatched it. Fell right on the turret on a beach ball rock. Shot an elk a few hours later at a little over 400yds.

I do think the LRTS I tested was fine. I traded it for some other things and came out way ahead due to the LRTS/LRHS being hard to find. I'd hunt with one without a second thought, but I also have grown very fond of the 6x SWFA in addition to the SHVs we have.

Wrench

WKR
I dropped an lrhs about 7 feet onto blue ice. I thought my stock broke based on the awful sound it made. I experienced a poi shift of about .5" at 100yds. I can't say it was the scope and not the mounts or rifle that caused the shift. Groups and tracking remained on measurement....but regardless, I have several of these scopes and I have had none fail as of yet.

id_jon

WKR
Does anyone have experience with the Bushnell DMR3? Looks to be similar construction from a quick glance, and easier to find.

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
I went ahead and grabbed one of these, came in yesterday. Looks to be very solid and robust. See how it does at the range in the next few weeks.

Sled

WKR
I don't know what @Ryan Avery does with his for certain, but I believe he sends them in and is up front about what occured.

An Athlon I tested was sent in by the owner and I believe he said what testing was done. That one was also a bent type or broken eye piece.

The Maven I tested never went back. It has gone from a 22BR to a 300wsm to a 22lr T1x and never done anything weird. It has intentionally been used the most of the many scope's I have. It might go on a 300wsm to hunt elk with this year, and they sent me another that will might go on a 6.5prc to hunt deer.
The person who will hunt with these rifles likes the Maven scopes, and isn't a shooter last 300 yds, so I'm ok with trying.

The scope on my rifle is the same SHV that was tested below. I did drop that rifle on the scope hunting this fall when I was fiddling with a new rifle carrier in my pack and thinking my wife had a hold of the rifle I unlatched it. Fell right on the turret on a beach ball rock. Shot an elk a few hours later at a little over 400yds.

I do think the LRTS I tested was fine. I traded it for some other things and came out way ahead due to the LRTS/LRHS being hard to find. I'd hunt with one without a second thought, but I also have grown very fond of the 6x SWFA in addition to the SHVs we have.
How did you find the reticles on the shv compared to the lrhs? Is it cleaner and thinner?

I don't have much time behind the lrhs but I can't get used to the thick reticle with the the circle. I find myself using the upper left corner to look at my target and it gets annoying. I bought it for reliability but it'll likely get changed out.

sndmn11

WKR
How did you find the reticles on the shv compared to the lrhs? Is it cleaner and thinner?

I don't have much time behind the lrhs but I can't get used to the thick reticle with the the circle. I find myself using the upper left corner to look at my target and it gets annoying. I bought it for reliability but it'll likely get changed out.

I had LRTS and LRTSi.

azwccc

FNG
Just found this post, looks like it is still in stock in Apr 2024. Is it confirmed that it will discontinue at some point? That put me in a fomo mode.

Schism

WKR
Does anyone have experience with the Bushnell DMR3? Looks to be similar construction from a quick glance, and easier to find.

I"m late to finding this thread but I have used a DMR3 for over a year. I don't have an LRHS2 to compare the DMR3 to but I have an original LRHS scope. The DMR3 is heavier and a bit bulkier. I use the DMR3 on a target rifle and it has held up well.

My DMR3 was used in a long range class where it was put on a scope tracking fixture and tested. It passed the test and has been dialed up and down countless times and has always returned to zero. I have no complaints with the DMR3, but at 35 ounces I don't consider it a great option for a hunting rifle that will be carried a bunch.

id_jon

WKR
I"m late to finding this thread but I have used a DMR3 for over a year. I don't have an LRHS2 to compare the DMR3 to but I have an original LRHS scope. The DMR3 is heavier and a bit bulkier. I use the DMR3 on a target rifle and it has held up well.

My DMR3 was used in a long range class where it was put on a scope tracking fixture and tested. It passed the test and has been dialed up and down countless times and has always returned to zero. I have no complaints with the DMR3, but at 35 ounces I don't consider it a great option for a hunting rifle that will be carried a bunch.
I actually ended up getting one for my PRS gun, its been really good. It has tracked well in use and zero has held, usually rides in a soft case in the bed of my truck on all kinds of bumpy roads. Definitely heavy, and the reticle is really thin, I wouldn't hunt game with it.