LPVO recommendations - Simple reticle, clear glass, durable

dks07

FNG
As the title says, I'm looking for an LPVO to put on a 350 Hoosier AR. I've typically used 3-9x40 scopes, but this season I had multiple scenarios where bucks got within 15yds of me while hunting in thick brush. Since I rarely shoot over 150yds, I'm thinking a 1-6x or 1-8x LPVO will be a better solution for the areas I hunt. I'm looking to stay under $1500 and primary criteria would be clear glass, simple reticle (ie duplex, no complicated tree's), and durable so I don't have to worry about it losing zero.

Currently, I'm considering either the Leupold vx-6hd or the Trijicon Credo HX's. Are there any others in this price range that I should also consider? I know the Razors are popular but I think I'm out on Vortex after hearing of so many having issues. I know their warranty is great, but I'd rather have a dependable product that I hopefully won't need to send in for warranty work.

OP
D

dks07

FNG
Eotech. There’s deals on them at euro optic. I’ve got two of the 1-10’s now.
Do you have the SR4 reticle? I looked at the Eotech's but for my needs I thought an SFP LPVO would make more sense than FFP, which is why I had ruled them out.

In the same boat with the newer SFAR. I don't want to spend quite as much as you do. I'd prefer $800. And I PREFER a FFP optic. All my work comes back to the Primary Arms (gag) P series. I'd considered them Pawn Shop garbage like Tasco. But the P or Platinum series are Japanes. I believe they have 3 grades or tiers.....S is Silver and Chinese. G is Gold or Phillipines. And P is Platinum and Japanese. The 1-8 Platinum is in your price range and has MANY stellar reviews. In fact....I really haven't seen a negative review. Possibly not fully Day Time bright when illuminated. But close.

The Credo HX is maybe a little more affordable. Saw a few issues on Glass not being nearly Edge to Edge clear.

If SFP is your jam...I think the Leupy Patrol is your best bet. Will be very clear optic and super bright FireDot.

The eye relief on the 1-4 credo hx is very short at 4x. And the reticle is very fine/faint. Mine took one trip to the range then it was sold, I don't think it's a usable optic for Whitetail hunting.

ETtikka

WKR
Swfa 1-4 is best for the money, compared to Leupold, bushnell, meostar, and trijicon, that I have tried

Meostar was very clear but no brighter in low light

Next in line would be a trijicon or used meostar, as far as value goes

I have beat the snot out of my Razor Gen2 non E 1-6. The VMR-2 reticle is super simple and the dot is daylight bright..

Swfa 1-4 is best for the money, compared to Leupold, bushnell, meostar, and trijicon, that I have tried

Meostar was very clear but no brighter in low light

Next in line would be a trijicon or used meostar, as far as value goes
That SWFA has good glass, a great reticle and great lighting control. The advertised weight is off and the advertised eye relief specs are WAY off. If you like generous eye relief, this is NOT the scope for you.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I still like the Razor 1-6. I’ve had two. Eye relief, glass and dot visibility are all good.