Lowa Tibet Vs Crispi

Catchfish

WKR
It’s happened my tried and true tibets are shot. I believe the goretex liner has failed and they are not keeping my feet dry anymore.
No complaints about my boots I’ve had them 8 or 9 years and have put plenty of miles on them. The rest of the boot is still in pretty good shape and I treated them every few days to get through moose season up here.
Here is my question my plan is to get another pair of Tibet’s I just want to make sure the sizing is still good. I tried on some crispi boots just to see what the hoopla was all about. They do seem to be a lot lighter, the ones I tried were not quite as aggressive as my Lowa’s. With the boots being so much lighter, has anybody tried both and enjoyed the Crispi boots more. I would be afraid that I’m not going to get 1000 miles out of them like my Lowa boots is the lighter boot cheaper made or just lighter components. I need a mountain boot is my biggest need.

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Crispi Nevadas 10w and Lowa Camino GTX 10w. The Crispis fit smaller limiting the thickness of sock I can use. The new Shimek looks promising but im worried that a 10.5 might be too big and the 10w still tight.....

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
The weight in hand seemed to be substantial and on one hand I was thinking man this would be nice to walk around in but on the other hand I kind of thought they felt cheap

sivart

WKR
I've been running the Lowa renegades for years. One of the few boots that don't cut my feet. I would like to find a little stouter boot. I just can't find any that fit as good and comfortable as the Renegades.

Hanwag doesn't have enough tow room for me. Had a pair of Crispi Summits, and they leaked almost immediately Still looking for the perfect elk boot

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
i have hunter evos, lapponias, valdres, summits and altitudes. when october comes around i grab the lowas no questions asked. the crispis are nice a light for scouting/archery season but they are not the same durability or comfort of the lowas for my foot

ScottP

WKR
Anyone know if the Caminos fit just like the Renegades?
To me, the camino was a slightly narrower fit than Renegade and less toe box width especially at the metatarsal area. This was a few years ago, so things could be different. I was disappointed in the fit of both compared to my Tibets for some reason. I had the camino in a wide version, and it still was narrower than my Tibet hi in standard width.

ScottP

WKR
It’s happened my tried and true tibets are shot. I believe the goretex liner has failed and they are not keeping my feet dry anymore.
No complaints about my boots I’ve had them 8 or 9 years and have put plenty of miles on them. The rest of the boot is still in pretty good shape and I treated them every few days to get through moose season up here.
Here is my question my plan is to get another pair of Tibet’s I just want to make sure the sizing is still good. I tried on some crispi boots just to see what the hoopla was all about. They do seem to be a lot lighter, the ones I tried were not quite as aggressive as my Lowa’s. With the boots being so much lighter, has anybody tried both and enjoyed the Crispi boots more. I would be afraid that I’m not going to get 1000 miles out of them like my Lowa boots is the lighter boot cheaper made or just lighter components. I need a mountain boot is my biggest need.
My first Tibets (Hi version, std width) are from ~2015. I just got a new pair last year and they have relocated the stud on the tongue a bit higher up and added webbing to the heel eyelet. the eyelets below the locking ones are ball bearing. My feeling is that the new version (I have 11.5 in both) is slightly larger overall with a tad more volume. I can wear a thicker liner sock than I ever could in my Tibet V1. I have no issues with this slight change though.

Despite so much time trying crispi on (summit, Colorado, Thor), I don't think they're for me. Some weird pressure points just wearing around my office for a few hours.

I wish Lowa would make a camino or camino light that fit more like a tibet.

Note: edited to specify model and width of boot

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
My first Tibets are from ~2015. I just got a new pair last year and they have relocated the stud on the tongue a bit higher up and added webbing to the heel eyelet. the eyelets below the locking ones are ball bearing. My feeling is that the new version (I have 11.5 in both) is slightly larger overall with a tad more volume. I can wear a thicker liner sock than I ever could in my Tibet V1. I have no issues with this slight change though.

Despite so much time trying crispi on (summit, Colorado, Thor), I don't think they're for me. Some weird pressure points just wearing around my office for a few hours.

I wish Lowa would make a camino or camino light that fit more like a tibet.

The Ticam II is close. I have a pair of 11W tibets that are a bit small for me. I have 11.5W Ticams that feel just a hair to big. Need something in the middle now lol.

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
Probably good they are a bit bigger my foot has probably got wider, I need to find a wide version to try on.

Firehawk

WKR
I have had Lowa Tibets and currently own Crispi Nevadas, Crispi Colorado and Guides. The Lowas are stiffer and overall built beefier. If you want that, then they are terrific. As I have aged, I found the Crispi's weight more comfortable and sole stiff enough for me. I really like the Colorado the best. Breathe well, have stayed water proof and have good sole stiffness.

The Nevadas are really nice, but they don't fit as well as the Colorado on my feet. Beautiful boot, crafted nicely. The Guides are too much boot for me until the snow flies. Much prefer the shorter boot until snows start stacking up.

Enjoy your search. Most importantly, make sure the boot fits your feet. I have a relative who is a Crispi dealer, so I buy those. If I had to pay full price, I would try the Tibets again if I wanted a tougher boot like that.

FH

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I still love my Tibets, which I’ve had for about seven years now. I do have a couple pairs of Crispis and really like them. I’ve made the switch to mostly wearing lighter weight, synthetic boots. I have about 500 miles one pair and about 150 on another and no issues. I do still wear the Tibets every once in a while, but not much.

sivart

WKR
To me, the camino was a slightly narrower fit than Renegade and less toe box width especially at the metatarsal area. This was a few years ago, so things could be different. I was disappointed in the fit of both compared to my Tibets for some reason. I had the camino in a wide version, and it still was narrower than my Tibet hi in standard width.
that's what I was afraid of. I'm finding most of the Italian boots are too narrow, and/or the toebox is too small.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have lowa hunter evos, they are basically a Tibet with 200g of thin sulfate. I’d rather have the tibets but got the insulated ones for under 300 dollars.

I used crispis for a few years (guides and birksdall sf). In my opinion the lowa is a higher quality boot. I probably won’t buy any crispis moving forward, I’ll spend my money with lowa and zamberlan.

ScottP

WKR
The Ticam II is close. I have a pair of 11W tibets that are a bit small for me. I have 11.5W Ticams that feel just a hair to big. Need something in the middle now lol.
I haven't tried that model yet, but should if I could find one locally to try on.

I spent some time on the phone with a product manager at Lowa a few years ago trying to sort all of this out, and she told me that the Tibet hi was built on a wider last (hunting last or something like that if I recall) than the standard Tibet. And that was why it's even wider in the standard width than a Renegade or Camino in the wide last.

I should probably edit my first post that I own the Tibet GTX hi.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa tibets are hard to beat for me. I see camofire still has quite a few in stock for a lot less than retail. just have to call them in order buy versus online.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I climbed a mountain yesterday wearing my crispi guides and really, the support just isn’t there. The he boots feel good and all but I was realizing that they just don’t give me the ankle stability I need. For me they will be used for trail hiking.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
Personal data point:

I really like the fit of the Tibets (std height) BUT I lost the waterproofing on my first pair at around 14 months into them with fairly moderate miles (probably 100-150 miles is all).

To Lowas credit they warrantied them without question, but the the new ones started leaking badly at less than a year during archery season this fall.

I used nikwax spray treatment on both, and neither pair saw long term super wet conditions. My only thing I would do different is try a wax based leather dressing.

Last edited: