lowa Tibet GTX

Rich NP

FNG
New Lowas break in period starts now. Elk season is a little less than 9 months away, loading the new Kifaru emr 2 pack and log some miles to break in boots..any advice??

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest, my gf and I both bought Tibets right before elk season 14 and with almost no break-in we hiked in 4 miles with loaded packs on a scouting trip. Neither of us ended up with even a hot spot. So in my not so expert opinion they dont require much break-in. FWIW I do recommend some quality footbeds as the stock Lowa inserts aren't great. We both use L&S Synergy beds and feel like they made a big difference.

GKPrice

Banned
To be honest, my gf and I both bought Tibets right before elk season 14 and with almost no break-in we hiked in 4 miles with loaded packs on a scouting trip. Neither of us ended up with even a hot spot. So in my not so expert opinion they dont require much break-in. FWIW I do recommend some quality footbeds as the stock Lowa inserts aren't great. We both use L&S Synergy beds and feel like they made a big difference.

same here for the Lowa boots, 2 pairs of Tibets and a pair of Sheephunters and not so much as an hour of break-in time

Super Feet GREEN for me in everything I wear

Stid2677

WKR
Wet the outside leather in hot water, soak them good but don't get the inside wet, walk dry and repeat. Should only take a couple times, just speeds up the break in process.

JP100

WKR
9 months! they will worn out before then haha.
I also break in boots wet, if they dont fit quite right from the start.
Usually do a hunt that requires alot of creek crossings so they are wet,just softens and wears them in faster.

But as stated alot of new boots hardly need any break in BUT I think with boots more than any other gear personal preference and comfort can be so different so find what suits you best.

So is there a go to online vendor for these boats. I see many like and recommend them. I have not had much luck trying to locate a good online source? Thanks.

Iron Mike

FNG
So is there a go to online vendor for these boats. I see many like and recommend them. I have not had much luck trying to locate a good online source? Thanks.

Shoebuy.com
They constantly have 20-25% sales. Free shipping. The cheapest place to get Tibets I have found. Great on CS also.

Thank you IM, another question would be do they still make and have the pro or LL model in the Tibets?

OP
R

Rich NP

FNG
I bought these special order from my local sporting goods store. Shout out to SCHEELS! Good luck and thanks for the Berlin advice

tttoadman

WKR
Oregon Mountain Community in Portland OR. They usually drop them on sale during the holiday. I think you missed that. I bought the Tibets 2 years ago for $300. I just bought a pair of Nepals for $400. The great part is I got to sit in the store and try them all on instead of guessing and playing the return roulette.

xcutter

WKR
Can't beat shoebuy.com prices. I looked everywhere before buying my Lowas. I bought the EVO exteme gtx's for $300.

Shoebuy emails coupons for 30% off pretty often.

I agree with everyone there isn't much break in time needed for these boots. I plan on buying some L&S synergy soles soon.

I woudn't buy boots online unless I've tried them on. Even then, a walk around the house isn't really the best way of deciding if they will work. I have GTX Tibets I bought locally but would order online for my next pair. I'm also going to get the LL next time. GTX doesn't breathe that well for my sweaty feet.

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Just a shout out but I got a pair online that didn't fit. Size 10.5 wide make me an offer. I'm past the time frame to exchange or refund. All will be considered.

I bought mine at Moosejaw. They will price match to some pretty crazy deals... I got mine for around 240 if memory serves me right. Great CS too.

Qfrog, sent you a pm. Thx

Can the Leather Pro Tibets be purchased any where? Looks like they are not made now?

MattB

WKR
I have used these boots for close to a decade - love them. Lots of good advice above. What I would not do is assume that since some guys only required an hour of break in that you will experience the same.