lowa Tibet GTX

I woudn't buy boots online unless I've tried them on. Even then, a walk around the house isn't really the best way of deciding if they will work. I have GTX Tibets I bought locally but would order online for my next pair. I'm also going to get the LL next time. GTX doesn't breathe that well for my sweaty feet.

The leather lined are very nice for most of the time, but they really suck when it's wet out and the whole liner becomes saturated. Just a buyer beware.

I have used these boots for close to a decade - love them. Lots of good advice above. What I would not do is assume that since some guys only required an hour of break in that you will experience the same.

I agree... I felt that they needed a break in. That may be mostly due to being so stiff, and I was not used to that, so it was more my feet that needed breaking in. They are stiff and the soles are hard... I went through 4 insoles till I settled on the Sofsole Air. I tried the synergy, and I just felt that it was not enough padding... the balls of my feet and my heals were sore from impact. If anyone needs some size 9 synergys for Tibets, hit me up. Only worn one day.

To break in, I just wore them to work every day for 2 or three weeks and on a couple of hikes on the weekends. Never got hot spots, but they did loosen up and conform to my feet better.

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Love the gtx model. I also wore them to work for 2 weeks and the leather got wet and molded perfectly to my feet. Put in odor eater insoles and they've been great ever since.

Woody15

FNG
Just got mine today delivered from shoebuy.com. Use coupon code RMNSAVINGS for 30% off ends tomorrow 1/19. They are my first pair of real boots and they feel great right out of the box, but definitely require some break in. I paid $265 for the wide Tibet GTX (normally $389) with free shipping and free exchanges.

stuckbuck

FNG
Just got mine today delivered from shoebuy.com. Use coupon code RMNSAVINGS for 30% off ends tomorrow 1/19. They are my first pair of real boots and they feel great right out of the box, but definitely require some break in. I paid $265 for the wide Tibet GTX (normally $389) with free shipping and free exchanges.

Thanks for the code! Just ordered a pair.