Lowa Renegade GTX Owners

LSHD69

FNG
Hope ya’ll are doing well. I picked up a pair of 6” Lowa Renegade GTX boots; but having second thoughts on them for my first CO high country archery hunt. The fit is great being ever so slightly wide although no slippage any direction; but my issue in in height I think. Just not happy around the ankle and if I cinch down it’s uncomfortable. Also think it might be a touch lightweight.
Has anyone had this boot and changed to something else that had a very similar fit? Did you go with the same size? Looking at Crispi CO & NV. Also the Renegade II 8” but still not sure on stiffness/durability. Appreciate any input.

Seth

WKR
I use a renegade leather lined for my lower country hunting here in NM. I personally like a stiffer boot for the CO high country. I used Lowa Tibet for many years and recently switched to the Crispi Colorado. Find something that fits your feet and offers the stability you want.

OP
L

LSHD69

FNG
I use a renegade leather lined for my lower country hunting here in NM. I personally like a stiffer boot for the CO high country. I used Lowa Tibet for many years and recently switched to the Crispi Colorado. Find something that fits your feet and offers the stability you want.
Appreciate the input Seth. Issue is no Place local has Crispi or others. Looking for input on boot that has the same fit as Lowa Renegade. I like the fit in the boot. Just not up top Which I think could be resolved with 8” instead of 6”.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
I ran Renegades for years, still run the old pairs now and then just cuz I like the lightweight fit, but I find Asolo Drifter is a bit more durable with a similar fit for me. Not much taller though.

OP
L

LSHD69

FNG
I ran Renegades for years, still run the old pairs now and then just cuz I like the lightweight fit, but I find Asolo Drifter is a bit more durable with a similar fit for me. Not much taller though.
Thanks man.

mlgc20

WKR
I've used Renegade Mids the past few years in Colorado for archery and first rifle. Love em. They've seen lots of snow, rain, mud, and dust. Never had issues with any terrain or condition. I did switch to some Crispis for late season deer in New Mexico. As it turned out, the Renegades would have been fine there too.

OP
L

LSHD69

FNG
I've used Renegade Mids the past few years in Colorado for archery and first rifle. Love em. They've seen lots of snow, rain, mud, and dust. Never had issues with any terrain or condition. I did switch to some Crispis for late season deer in New Mexico. As it turned out, the Renegades would have been fine there too.
Steep Terrain? Run the tops tight?

mlgc20

WKR
Steep Terrain? Run the tops tight?
Yes. Definitely. That's one of the main reasons I like the Mids. They are light and have the right amount of flex for dealing with lots of ups and downs. My philosophy on boots has changed over the years. I used to have the heavy, tall 10 inch shaft boots. Years ago I transitioned to lightweight, high flex boots. I even do a lot of hunting in trail runners if there isn't weather in the forecast. I get that some folks have ankle issues and need more support. But, I think its made my ankles stronger, not putting them in high/tight boots. I know it's more comfortable.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Lowa Renegades and I’ve never had any problems. Last year helped my buddy with his high country mule deer tag and we hiked all over those mountains. Just got done with a Palo Duro Canyon Aoudad hunt and they did perfect. We’ve mainly hunted SW NM and a lot of us run these same boots.

OP
L

LSHD69

FNG
I run the Lowa Renegades and I’ve never had any problems. Last year helped my buddy with his high country mule deer tag and we hiked all over those mountains. Just got done with a Palo Duro Canyon Aoudad hunt and they did perfect. We’ve mainly hunted SW NM and a lot of us run these same boots.
Thanks man. I lived in TX back in the 90’s. Big regrets not getting out west to hunt Aoudad.

ScottP

WKR
Hope ya’ll are doing well. I picked up a pair of 6” Lowa Renegade GTX boots; but having second thoughts on them for my first CO high country archery hunt. The fit is great being ever so slightly wide although no slippage any direction; but my issue in in height I think. Just not happy around the ankle and if I cinch down it’s uncomfortable. Also think it might be a touch lightweight.
Has anyone had this boot and changed to something else that had a very similar fit? Did you go with the same size? Looking at Crispi CO & NV. Also the Renegade II 8” but still not sure on stiffness/durability. Appreciate any input.
https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/mountain-hunting/renegade-ii-n-gtx-hi-tf-dark-brown

tall version of the renegade if you think mid is short?

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Or just step up to the Ranger III gtx....way more flex than the Tibet but just as rugged with plenty of ankle support. Might be more comfortable since you're used to the flex of the renegade.

ScottP

WKR
Yup, looking at that. Was a little concerned if the boot is durable enough. Seems like a few above think it’ll work. Going 6”-8” would be an easy fix. With that said, was hoping for some input on other options with similar fit.
I had a pair of renegade mids for easy country and daily driving. Tibets for the steep. My partner does it all in sportiva shoes, so it’s really just a preference thing. Ive tried a half dozen of the lowa boots. I got a lot of miles on the renegades before I retired them. I liked the Camino for a little more stiffness and height, but my fav fit is the Tibet hi.

kloppy

FNG
Another thumbs up for the renegades. Think I said this on another thread but mine have been great from the Montana mountains to the south Florida swamps and everywhere in between.

MHB

FNG
I use my renegades as daily hiking boots. I just don't find they have the support for high country hunting. I prefer more support that the renegades offer, especially if I am packing an animal out.

I am generally backpack hunting and have found that a stiller boot helps me with fatuige on a 5 to 9 day hunt. I am looking for any advantage to keep me in the woods longer.

I have used the Lowa Tibets for a few years and this year tried the renegade. I hunted quite a few days in the renegade and they are a nice boot but I preferred them for hunting the prairie and breaks type country versus steep high country.

During my this years elk hunt I switched back to the Tibets after wearing the renegades for 4 days. For me, I found that even though the Tibets are a heavier boot, my feet were not as worn out as they were when wearing the renegades because of the better support.