Lowa cevedale fit help

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of cevedales and im real undecided on the fit. what worries me is the movement in the heel. its really not a lot but if I try to make it move It will. I've only tested them on my stairs (no slip). im to worried to take them outside because they can still go back to amazon. my last pair of boots were Asolo sassalong. they were a little narrow and not stiff enough. I had to learn the hard way with them, and not wanting to learn the hard way with these. plus I would like to waste as little money as possible. thanks in advance.

Hard to say

I typically feel you know pretty quick if a boot is going to work

I had a lil heel movement in my boot added insoles that took up more volume

Like all boots, what really matters is how they fit YOUR foot. I have these boots, and in fact, they are my first and only pair of "premium" hunting boots. I used the Lathrop & Sons custom fit system deal and these boots were what they recommended for me. I have found that with the Lowa boots' lacing system I have been able to really lock in the heal and not even using any super complicated lacing strategies. I have a wide forefoot and the ability to leave the forefoot of the boot a little loose and then lock in the midfoot is very nice. (I would assume many manufacturers have this ability, but I haven't had much experience) I did have trouble with these boots over supinating my feet which initially caused a fair amount of pain on my 5th metatarsal head (sole of the foot at the base of the small toe). It was actually almost unbearable and my feet would kill after I took the boots off and walked on a hardwood floor barefoot. I was using L&S's special inserts, but they just didn't do it for me. I ended up having custom insoles made by a local orthotist and it completely corrected the problem. I have been using them all fall without a hitch. Granted, I have not been hauling heavy packs in the mountains with them, so this may not be a valid review at all. But I have hiked 15 mile all day upland hunts, hiked through creeks and streams without leakage issues, and sat comfortably in treestands for 10 hour+ clips. I'd keep wearing them indoors as much as you can without too much wear and tear and see how they feel. Try different insoles and/or sock thicknesses. Leukotape if you need. I realize this probably wasn't much help, but just thought I'd share my experience.

Best of luck,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan your comment was helpful tomorrow I'll go down to REI and try different insoles I may need more volume I do want these boots to work

Agreed on the insoles. I wear Lowas and find that I need an insole that is thicker in the heel than stock to eliminate heel slip.

Depends on how much lift you're getting. I could force maybe 1/8" out of my Cevedales. You could always send them back to Amazon, buy them from REI and test them for the next year knowing you can return them.
You might also look for the old style heel/arch support insert that Danner used to use in their boots. It lifts just the back of the foot.

edit; Danner Airthotic

Last edited:
Also a new cevedale owner here. Not sure what to tell you on the heel, mine locked down fine but the laces put a painful amount of pressure on the front of my ankle to do so. They felt great around the house and block prior to field use.

I bought a pair of aftermarket insoles and the problem was fixed! Took them on a hike around the hills at the archery range and they felt great!

Back