Looks like instagram changed their algorithm in the last 24 hours?

OP
R

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I think this is a much better use of social media to be honest. Little cleavage or butts never hurt anybody. It’s that butt cleavage you gotta watch out for.

Seriously I would call it a win if the all those social media platforms dropped anything hunting related. Stuff is silly and it’s not encouraging people to get involved politically. I don’t know who made that disconnect.
I dont have a problem with T&A per se, but it does highlight what I consider to be very selective censorship on the part of meta.

I certainly dont see any issue with hunting related posts on social media. Is it any more "silly" for people to make hunting related posts on Rokslide? I consider a forum a form of social media.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
While I realize this is slightly off topic as far as topics go. Having said that, it is a long the same lines of private companies choosing to do what they prefer. Only difference is that as long as you're aligned towards the left you can't censor anything due to free speech. But try to fight against them and you will lose.

Imagine what this country could accomplish if we got back to some bipartisanship.

Loo.wii

WKR
So we should just ignore censorship as long as its conducted by private enterprise? Just because a business "can" do something, doesn't mean we have to accept it.
you don’t have to ignore anything but it’s certainly within their rights. there was a fairly recent Supreme Court ruling that said private businesses can deny services to customers based on anything

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Just about every small shop knife maker I follow has reported having the same issues.

Meanwhile Im seeing more butts and tits from random profiles I dont follow. Even seen a few nudes that somehow dont get shut down.

Flyjunky

WKR
You must not know that these are all privately owned businesses using privately owned infrastructure
Do you mean the private businesses that are in bed with the govt, govt our money pays for, and is protected by said govt....those private businesses?

The same social media companies that donated 100's of millions to a certain party? I'm sure that was just out of the kindness of their heart, no ulterior motives I'm sure. Mmmhmm

Last edited:

Loo.wii

WKR
You're joking right? FBI meeting with Facebook and Twitter to censor stories....do you live under a rock?
A source sir.
Not a comment
I’m trying to see your perspective.
And of course massive companies will meet with the government.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider

wapitibob

WKR
Seems like it would be a good idea for all social media to only be available to those who follow or subscribe. People used to hate junk mail, now we have people complaining about not getting the same crap force fed to our pc.

CorbLand

WKR
so much for Freedom of speech. this country is in some trouble I fear
You have no freedom of speech when it comes to a private entity. Same way that you can be banned from this site for saying things the mods don’t like.

Does it suck? Yes. Do I disagree with it? Yes. Solution? Delete it all and don’t give them your business. Also, anyone that says they gave up Facebook but still has Instagram…they are the same company.

Loo.wii

WKR
Source, how about Zuckerberg himself? Is that a good enough source? He admitted the FBI coming to him.

This stuff is pretty common knowledge.
There are million reasons the fbi would go to the head of an organization

Loo.wii

WKR
You have no freedom of speech when it comes to a private entity. Same way that you can be banned from this site for saying things the mods don’t like.

Does it suck? Yes. Do I disagree with it? Yes. Solution? Delete it all and don’t give them your business. Also, anyone that says they gave up Facebook but still has Instagram…they are the same company.
This guy gets it

I thought these big social media sites are supposed to be a “platform” for people to post stuff as long as it’s not illegal. They get protections from being sued, since they do not editorialize, or pick and choose what is on the “platform”.

They are getting the best of both world

Government protection, and editorializing/ picking choosing what they want.

Then to keep the unfair advantage, they do the governments illegal deeds

Flyjunky

WKR
There are million reasons the fbi would go to the head of an organization
Seriously, you need to get out and read a bit more. In his interview on Rogan, Zuckerberg talked about the FBI coming to Meta to specifically talk about "misinformation". Did you also not pay any attention when Elon took over twitter and released the twitter files. Plenty of free speech being censored that the govt had a hand in "helping" these private entities see the light.

A private entity and free speech, correct, they set the rules. But, a private entity censoring speech at the behest of the govt is a whole other ballgame.

Have a great day and thanksgiving.

Flyjunky

WKR
I thought these big social media sites are supposed to be a “platform” for people to post stuff as long as it’s not illegal. They get protections from being sued, since they do not editorialize, or pick and choose what is on the “platform”.

They are getting the best of both world

Government protection, and editorializing/ picking choosing what they want.

Then to keep the unfair advantage, they do the governments illegal deeds
This is exactly it. They can't have it both ways but when these companies donate so much money, Zuckerberg alone donated something like $400 million, its easy to understand why nothing is being done.