Looking to get something new. Need a few opinions.

Luked

WKR
Looking to get something new this year.
I have been wanting to get a 6.5PRC for a while now.
I think I have the rifle narrowed down to two. Each have their pros and cons I am sure, so that is why I wanted to get some opinions from the bunch here.
I know this will pretty swayed to one brand but wanted to get some opinions, good and bad.
The two I have narrowed it down to are.

Tikka T3X.
Begara HMR Carbon Wilderness

Have been wanting a Carbon barreled rifle for a while since they have gained quite a bit of popularity.
I like the design of the Begara stock and also the adjustable comb. Also like the AICS mags.

On the Tikka, Well its a Tikka and I know ill get a lot of replies saying go Tikka. No issue with that. But I want more of a vertical grip angle and they are still a sporter barrel. I know I could get a RokStock and it would put it apples to apples comparison in just price and features to the Begara. Tikka is lighter than the HMR. Has a lot of upgrades that came be done to make it a solid platform.

As for Cons that I see now on the Tikka
Tikka is a bit harder to get ahold of In Stock wise. Tikka Magazines can be a bit finicky from some things I have read. Tikka is about the same price as the HMR in most factory configurations.

Cons on the Begara.
Cost is higher than factory Tikka, Heavier. Unsure of upgrades at this point.

I already have a scope sitting in the safe for whatever I get. A Nightforce 4-14x56 SHV.

So what are some of your opinions.

Last edited:
You could get a Roughtech/Veil or even Super Varmint Tikka. A bit thicker barrel profile than the normal , the Super Varmint is heavier yet. Also, the magazines are just fine except for the 223 6 round factory mags in my experience. Those 223 mags don’t seem to last as long. But normal mags for all other calibers have been flawless for me. I’ve got a bunch that have seen a lot of use over the past 6 years or so. No issues.
You can get a vertical grip for about $25 online and swap it out within seconds.
I like the scope mounting options on the Tikka better with the built in rail.
Actions are smooth, bolt throw is less than most Remington clones.

Also… EuroOptic has 11 variations of 6.5PRC Tikkas in stock.

Last edited: